How to Text direction in a cell
-
Văn Quang Nguyễn VN
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 6:22 am
How to Text direction in a cell
As I hate Excel because it contains useless features such as ‘Print title’, ‘Background’, etc., and is so cumbersome, I don’t use it. Today, I happened to be browsing Google and discovered this feature. It all looks very familiar to me. But Planmaker doesn’t have it – could it be in a different place?
I really like this feature (the area I’ve circled). It allows users to decide exactly how the text should be oriented. But Planmaker is restricting users to five fixed rotation styles.
I really like this feature (the area I’ve circled). It allows users to decide exactly how the text should be oriented. But Planmaker is restricting users to five fixed rotation styles.
Last edited by Văn Quang Nguyễn VN on Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't know much about the English language, so I had to use a translation tool. I love Vietnam. My hometown

-
Văn Quang Nguyễn VN
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 6:22 am
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
I don’t like the wheel used to adjust the angle of text in Excel. I’d also like to know if Planmaker has a similar feature:
+ A perfect circle, like a wheel, with fine lines and a pointer that, when touched, moves to a specific position on the wheel.
+A small box for entering the angle number
+ A preview pane to see how many degrees the text has been rotated
+ A perfect circle, like a wheel, with fine lines and a pointer that, when touched, moves to a specific position on the wheel.
+A small box for entering the angle number
+ A preview pane to see how many degrees the text has been rotated
I didn't know much about the English language, so I had to use a translation tool. I love Vietnam. My hometown

-
Formula Use
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 3:55 am
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
That's a good idea. It really is a great way for Planmaker to go beyond Excel.
I live in Vietnam. My homeland is a land of green coconut palms and gently flowing rivers.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
Amusing...
You:
As a side note: Why do you say features as "Print title" and "Background" are useless? As you and your dear friend/alter-ego likes to say every time someone questions one of your "feature requests": They are very useful and are optional. No one forces you to use them. Perhaps you should just move to the programs you claim to hate, instead of keep pushing for softmaker office to become the same and follow your own advice.
You:
Then, also you:Văn Quang Nguyễn VN wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:47 pm As I hate Excel because it contains useless features such as ‘Print title’, ‘Background’, etc., and is so cumbersome, I don’t use it.
You really have lots of time in your hands to look at screenshots of the program you claim to hate so much, looking for things to go about and make new requests. You should find a new hobbie. Will do you good.Văn Quang Nguyễn VN wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:47 pm Today, I happened to be browsing Google and discovered this feature. It all looks very familiar to me. But Planmaker doesn’t have it – could it be in a different place?
I really like this feature (the area I’ve circled). It allows users to decide exactly how the text should be oriented. But Planmaker is restricting users to five fixed rotation styles. I need a feature that lets me freely customise the text orientation.
As a side note: Why do you say features as "Print title" and "Background" are useless? As you and your dear friend/alter-ego likes to say every time someone questions one of your "feature requests": They are very useful and are optional. No one forces you to use them. Perhaps you should just move to the programs you claim to hate, instead of keep pushing for softmaker office to become the same and follow your own advice.
-
Formula Use
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 3:55 am
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
It’s you again. I just don’t understand you. Do you have any idea what I’m struggling with? Do you know what feature Planmaker is missing? Specifically, the ability to customize text orientation.
But I have a workaround: Go to the Insert tab, select Text Art Object, enter the text into the blank box at the top, and choose a template with the black “Softmaker” text. Then click OK. IF the text is too big, I’ll adjust the column and row sizes to fit perfectly within the box. Then I’ll rotate it. This lets me orient the text freely
Even though the software is lacking, I have other ways. I have to admit you’re too conservative. You just want Softmaker to fall short of its competitors. The Softmaker user guide actually encourages users to submit feedback if they find the software is missing features. Microsoft has text orientation customization, while Planmaker currently lags behind Excel and Calc. People suggest features for the community’s benefit, not just for themselves. People didn’t write a single line demanding a feature. Yet you’re making up a story.
I hate Excel because it’s so resource-intensive, and useless features like icons, 3D models, online pictures, and signature lines have made me stop using it. My path leads toward user-friendly software: Planmaker.
But I have a workaround: Go to the Insert tab, select Text Art Object, enter the text into the blank box at the top, and choose a template with the black “Softmaker” text. Then click OK. IF the text is too big, I’ll adjust the column and row sizes to fit perfectly within the box. Then I’ll rotate it. This lets me orient the text freely
Even though the software is lacking, I have other ways. I have to admit you’re too conservative. You just want Softmaker to fall short of its competitors. The Softmaker user guide actually encourages users to submit feedback if they find the software is missing features. Microsoft has text orientation customization, while Planmaker currently lags behind Excel and Calc. People suggest features for the community’s benefit, not just for themselves. People didn’t write a single line demanding a feature. Yet you’re making up a story.
I hate Excel because it’s so resource-intensive, and useless features like icons, 3D models, online pictures, and signature lines have made me stop using it. My path leads toward user-friendly software: Planmaker.
I live in Vietnam. My homeland is a land of green coconut palms and gently flowing rivers.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
Conservative? Hardly. Practical? Yes.Formula Use wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:47 am I have to admit you’re too conservative. You just want Softmaker to fall short of its competitors. The Softmaker user guide actually encourages users to submit feedback if they find the software is missing features. Microsoft has text orientation customization, while Planmaker currently lags behind Excel and Calc. People suggest features for the community’s benefit, not just for themselves. People didn’t write a single line demanding a feature. Yet you’re making up a story.
Am I making a story? No, I am not the one who keeps claiming SoftMaker Office lags behind despite the evidence on the contrary, as you have been told by the SoftMaker team in different occasions were you keep going on and on about how much it "lags behind". Were does it lags behind exactly according to you? Is there a specific formula that is not supported and prevent's you to get your work done? No. All you do is complain about wording, cosmetics and rather obscure features that very few people use often or care much about. And meanwhile you distract with all your noise and needy requests while there are request from other people and bugs reports that need to be addressed and have real impact on the day-to-day. For instance: the ability to not just open, but also save spreadsheets in the ods format, or BasicMaker support for Mac and Linux so users can use macros if they need to are certainly things far more important than rotating text any arbitrary angle.
It amuse me you suddenly find yourself "struggling" rotating text when you didn't even knew that feature existed, until you went looking for excel screenshots, and discovered such thing was possible.
IF it bother you so much it "lags behind" in this menial things, then you should move to another software that is not and let SoftMaker Office be SoftMaker office and not a clone of Microsoft Office. After all, is not like you bought a licence, you are just using the free tier, as the SM team has stated in previous posts.
-
Formula Use
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 3:55 am
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
Today. You really have the nerve to provoke me.
Let me make one thing clear: I’ve loved Softmaker Office NX for several months now, and I love it because it’s lightweight and free of unnecessary features. Softmaker Office NX runs smoothly precisely because it lacks unnecessary features and instead offers useful ones. You’re probably thinking of that feature that lets you customize text orientation—a feature no one ever uses. Let me reiterate: In Vietnam, there was even a YouTube video tutorial on how to use this feature in Excel.
You’ve admitted you’re conservative. That doesn’t do Softmaker any favors at all. But just sit tight where you are. Let others move forward and contribute features to Softmaker so that Softmaker can become the best software company in the world.
We should wrap up this post. Stop complaining. If you keep complaining and whining about that incredibly useful feature, I’ll have to submit another feature to Softmaker’s Feedback channel in the future.
I’m not stopping you from complaining. But you’re actually attacking the active feature contributors. You’re attacking a Vietnamese user; you’re attacking valuable features. So what? Even though no one has responded to this post, I think Softmaker has quietly taken note of this feature.
If Softmaker adds this feature, what will you do? You’ll surely go crazy, smash your computer, or every time you see this feature, you’ll immediately cover the screen with tape.
I’m permanently banning you from replying to this post. This post is only for those who truly understand the issue and for Softmaker. If you know what’s wrong
You should come here to apologize and promise not to do it again. And be as polite as possible. Think carefully before responding.
Let me make one thing clear: I’ve loved Softmaker Office NX for several months now, and I love it because it’s lightweight and free of unnecessary features. Softmaker Office NX runs smoothly precisely because it lacks unnecessary features and instead offers useful ones. You’re probably thinking of that feature that lets you customize text orientation—a feature no one ever uses. Let me reiterate: In Vietnam, there was even a YouTube video tutorial on how to use this feature in Excel.
You’ve admitted you’re conservative. That doesn’t do Softmaker any favors at all. But just sit tight where you are. Let others move forward and contribute features to Softmaker so that Softmaker can become the best software company in the world.
We should wrap up this post. Stop complaining. If you keep complaining and whining about that incredibly useful feature, I’ll have to submit another feature to Softmaker’s Feedback channel in the future.
I’m not stopping you from complaining. But you’re actually attacking the active feature contributors. You’re attacking a Vietnamese user; you’re attacking valuable features. So what? Even though no one has responded to this post, I think Softmaker has quietly taken note of this feature.
If Softmaker adds this feature, what will you do? You’ll surely go crazy, smash your computer, or every time you see this feature, you’ll immediately cover the screen with tape.
I’m permanently banning you from replying to this post. This post is only for those who truly understand the issue and for Softmaker. If you know what’s wrong
You should come here to apologize and promise not to do it again. And be as polite as possible. Think carefully before responding.
I live in Vietnam. My homeland is a land of green coconut palms and gently flowing rivers.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
-
Formula Use
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 3:55 am
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
Softmaker Office NX is the best office suite in the world. I’ll never use any other software. Don’t even try to convince me to go back to Microsoft Office. I absolutely hate Microsoft Office and only use Softmaker Office NX.
I live in Vietnam. My homeland is a land of green coconut palms and gently flowing rivers.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
Do you honestly NOT see the irony of claiming that you love SoftMaker Office because of its lack of unnecessary features, when almost every single day you continue to propose more and more unnecessary additional "features"?Formula Use wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:46 am Let me make one thing clear: I’ve loved Softmaker Office NX for several months now, and I love it because it’s lightweight and free of unnecessary features. Softmaker Office NX runs smoothly precisely because it lacks unnecessary features and instead offers useful ones. You’re probably thinking of that feature that lets you customize text orientation—a feature no one ever uses. Let me reiterate: In Vietnam, there was even a YouTube video tutorial on how to use this feature in Excel.
Are you serious?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Life is uncertain - enjoy each moment
Life is uncertain - enjoy each moment
-
Formula Use
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2026 3:55 am
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
I’m being very serious. I’ve already suggested enough features for now. In the future, I may suggest additional features. But I’m not sure yet.
For now, I’ve stopped suggesting features so that Softmaker isn’t overwhelmed, and so they have time to review and forward the feature suggestions.
For now, I’ve stopped suggesting features so that Softmaker isn’t overwhelmed, and so they have time to review and forward the feature suggestions.
I live in Vietnam. My homeland is a land of green coconut palms and gently flowing rivers.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Ho Chairperson set out in 1911 to find a way to save Viet Nam country.
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
He is just a jester.Woody44 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:56 am
Do you honestly NOT see the irony of claiming that you love SoftMaker Office because of its lack of unnecessary features, when almost every single day you continue to propose more and more unnecessary additional "features"?
Are you serious?
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
Oh no! I am so scared now!
So now it turns out it wasn't a screenshot but a YouTube video? Goodness! Now indeed it makes the request incredibly important!Formula Use wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:46 am Let me make one thing clear: I’ve loved Softmaker Office NX for several months now, and I love it because it’s lightweight and free of unnecessary features. Softmaker Office NX runs smoothly precisely because it lacks unnecessary features and instead offers useful ones. You’re probably thinking of that feature that lets you customize text orientation—a feature no one ever uses. Let me reiterate: In Vietnam, there was even a YouTube video tutorial on how to use this feature in Excel.
Don't put words in my mouth. And then... What are you contributing all the sudden? I wasn't aware Softmaker Office was open source. Ohwait! You mean your nonsensical "feature" requests... Right! My apologies!Formula Use wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:46 am You’ve admitted you’re conservative. That doesn’t do Softmaker any favors at all. But just sit tight where you are. Let others move forward and contribute features to Softmaker so that Softmaker can become the best software company in the world.
What is that incredibly useful feature again? And if so useful because only you think it is? How is than in 20+ years no one requested it?Formula Use wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:46 am We should wrap up this post. Stop complaining. If you keep complaining and whining about that incredibly useful feature, I’ll have to submit another feature to Softmaker’s Feedback channel in the future.
I’m not stopping you from complaining. But you’re actually attacking the active feature contributors. You’re attacking a Vietnamese user; you’re attacking valuable features. So what? Even though no one has responded to this post, I think Softmaker has quietly taken note of this feature.
So are you stopping me or not? Make up your mind.
Are we now playing the victim card? Aren't you supposed to be the know-it-all all experienced user who knows better than anyone else? Then why come here and go about "attacking a Vietnamese"? Did you ran out of any half-desent argument and that's why you are now playing both the victim and the bully card? How sweet!
You think?Formula Use wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:46 am If Softmaker adds this feature, what will you do? You’ll surely go crazy, smash your computer, or every time you see this feature, you’ll immediately cover the screen with tape.
Really? Oh! I wonder how you will achieve that! Please, by all means ban me!Formula Use wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:46 am I’m permanently banning you from replying to this post. This post is only for those who truly understand the issue and for Softmaker. If you know what’s wrong
Formula Use wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:46 am You should come here to apologize and promise not to do it again. And be as polite as possible. Think carefully before responding.
What? Are you making threats again, little jester?
If someone should apologise is you by flooding this forum with your nonsense. Besides, you"banned me" I can't post here, according to your fantasy. Maybe on of this days you will post something that isn't a contradiction. It will probably take you another 300 posts, but... Perhaps... One can dream, I suppose.