Search found 10 matches
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:58 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6450
Re: SOLVED by update? OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
Hi, I didn't get notified of the responses, so I'm just seeing this now. I was referring to the hierarchical heading styles that are used in the outline view such as "Heading 1"
I thought the problem was solved, but it is still happening. I'll try to do a screen recording as requested when I am ...
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:28 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6450
Re: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
Thanks, I will try this (haven't done it before) when I can get clear of a deadline I'm dealing with.SuperTech wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2026 9:40 pm For a clearer understanding and more accurate diagnosis of the issue...
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:27 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6450
Re: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
TextMaker does not have a pre-made style for ""Headline,"...
Thanks, sorry for the sloppy post. Yes, Heading 1, etc. which allow use of the outline view functions are what I'm having trouble with. Promoting a selection that includes headings and body text converts the body text into headings at ...
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:21 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6450
Re: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
Sorry for the confusion, I meant styles of hierarchical headings such as "Heading 1"Woody44 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2026 10:46 am I am confused. The posts describing this issue appear to be conflating "Header" style with "Heading#" styles.
Correction: the problem continues as of this date 9/29/2026
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:19 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6450
Re: SOLVED by update? OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
Hi, I didn't get notified of the responses, so I'm just seeing this now. I was referring to the hierarchical heading styles that are used in the outline view such as "Heading 1"
Correction: the problem continues as of this date 9/29/2026
Correction: the problem continues as of this date 9/29/2026
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:22 pm
- Forum: SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)
- Topic: disable drag and drop
- Replies: 7
- Views: 47842
Re: disable drag and drop
Goodness, this is an old thread. But this feature/bug is still a problem for me. When I select text, I have to be very careful not to drag some characters with the cursor instead of just cleanly selecting. Sure, I can just hit Ctrl-Z and try again more carefully, but I'd LOVE to just turn this off ...
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 11:27 pm
- Forum: SoftMaker Office for Windows (General)
- Topic: Macro troubleshooting: Promoting headers
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2881
Macro troubleshooting: Promoting headers
I need to try a macro, because TextMaker converts body text to headers when a selection including body text is demoted.
I tried AI, but the variables were unrecognized.
So... CoPilot recommended I ask this way, under the impression that maybe my subscription to SoftMaker Office NX does not include ...
I tried AI, but the variables were unrecognized.
So... CoPilot recommended I ask this way, under the impression that maybe my subscription to SoftMaker Office NX does not include ...
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 10:49 pm
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6450
Re: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
Thanks for checking this out! Just to be sure...
UPDATE: I am using the NX Home Version
Here is how the problem happens:
The body text is turned into headers when:
Headings and body text (normal style) are selected (like when you want to promote or demote a number of headers at once, and the ...
UPDATE: I am using the NX Home Version
Here is how the problem happens:
The body text is turned into headers when:
Headings and body text (normal style) are selected (like when you want to promote or demote a number of headers at once, and the ...
- Fri Aug 21, 2026 6:38 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6450
Re: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
Hi, thanks for responding, but I'm not talking about selecting a heading level. When you select multiple headings and click tab to change their level, ALL the BODY TEXT is turned into the same heading level. This problem makes it impossible to rapidly edit outlines, and I depend on that for many ...
- Tue Aug 18, 2026 10:56 pm
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6450
OUCH! Massive loss of body text format (into headers)
UPDATE 29 Sept., 2026: I must have tested in the wrong direction. I thought the problem was solved. It's still there. The issue is with styles like "Heading 1" and body text. The body text is converted into the same heading level as the one above the body text. It only happens in one direction ...