disable drag and drop

Post Reply
HumboldtSteve
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:59 am

disable drag and drop

Post by HumboldtSteve »

Is there a way to disable drag and drop editing in Softmaker Office?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team
Posts: 6251
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:26 am
Location: Nuremberg
Contact:

Re: disable drag and drop

Post by sven-l »

Do you mean drag&drop of objects inside of a TextMaker/PlanMaker file?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
HumboldtSteve
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:59 am

Re: disable drag and drop

Post by HumboldtSteve »

Yes. It's too easy to highlight text and suddenly find it moved.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team
Posts: 6251
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:26 am
Location: Nuremberg
Contact:

Re: disable drag and drop

Post by sven-l »

I will refer a feature request to the produce management to add such an option.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
write-for
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:32 am

Re: disable drag and drop

Post by write-for »

+1 to feature request. It was a surprise when such must-have option was not found in pro version. Especially annoying when selecting region in PlanMaker and first cell dragging over instead of selecting.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team
Posts: 3183
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:57 pm
Location: Nürnberg, Germany
Contact:

Re: disable drag and drop

Post by martin-k »

Apart from the two users posting in this thread, we never had a complaint about drag & drop. Could you please describe in more detail what you are doing that causes an erroneous drag & drop?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Bobsterz
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2026 9:58 pm

Re: disable drag and drop

Post by Bobsterz »

Goodness, this is an old thread. But this feature/bug is still a problem for me. When I select text, I have to be very careful not to drag some characters with the cursor instead of just cleanly selecting. Sure, I can just hit Ctrl-Z and try again more carefully, but I'd LOVE to just turn this off. I never use it, anyway, because it's more precise and less stressful to use keyboard commands.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Re: disable drag and drop

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, this thread is in a forum section for a much older version. Could you please tell me which version of SoftMaker Office you are currently using?

If it is SoftMaker Office 2018, I recommend trying the current SoftMaker Office 2026. Version 2018 is no longer supported, so any corrections will only appear in the current generation, SoftMaker Office NX and 2026.
Post Reply

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”