Since Using Free Office on TWO WIndows 11 PC's Auto Update Does Not Work

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2024 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Post Reply
satchman
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Since Using Free Office on TWO WIndows 11 PC's Auto Update Does Not Work

Post by satchman »

Hello All,

In the past, when Softmaker Free Office issued an update on Windows 10 and below, users would open it up and it would say something like "Version updated from XXX to YYY." The auto update was a part of the default of Softmaker Free Office installation.

Flash forward on two Windows 11 PC's the auto updater never works when a new service pack is released. It will say, "A New Service Pack is Available, Care to Download?" Older Windows versions never showed that message, just that the update completed when you opened a Free Office Session.

On Windows 11 if you say "Yes" to the Download. it says "All Files are up to date, please run Repair installation. Yes, you either have to run "Repair Installation", or "Uninstall and get a new version from the Website to manual get new service packs for Softmaker Free Office.

I checked my security settings on my router. Nothing blocked I have Windows 11 Pro on my Desktop (New PC) and Windows 11 Home on a 4 and a half year old PC. Same results. Everything is up-to-date and the software itself runs like a dream! Softmaker needs to fix this behavior of Free Office on Windows 11.

Satch
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team
Posts: 4125
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Re: Since Using Free Office on TWO WIndows 11 PC's Auto Update Does Not Work

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for the report. A complete reinstallation of FreeOffice should resolve this: uninstall it first, then install the current version again. If the same problem appears again with the next update, please post here, and I will look into it further.
satchman
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Since Using Free Office on TWO WIndows 11 PC's Auto Update Does Not Work

Post by satchman »

SuperTech wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2026 2:34 pm Thank you for the report. A complete reinstallation of FreeOffice should resolve this: uninstall it first, then install the current version again. If the same problem appears again with the next update, please post here, and I will look into it further.
Thanks Super Tech!

But I already did the uninstall and reinstall! At least I am now up to date on both systems! I think I am just gonna watch and wait for the new version, which should come out next year. It's just a little bug. Not a major issue.

Satch
Post Reply

Return to “FreeOffice 2024 for Windows (General)”