Hi,
In Planmaker:
I start a formula by pressing "=" and then click on a cell.
Then I press F4 to fix that reference, which it duly does.
Then I press "+" to continue the formula and... the reference disappears, leaving only "+" in the cell.
(It doesn't matter what I press after F4 - it could be another cell reference, or a bracket, or anything else - it deletes the fixed reference.)
This behaviour is incredibly frustrating. It slows your work down significantly, because you have to click at the end of the fixed reference before continuing. It doesn't happen in Excel, OnlyOffice or LibreOffice.
Could it be fixed please?
Thanks,
Steve
Frustrating behaviour after F4 to fix references
Re: Frustrating behaviour after F4 to fix references
Just to add to this: when I enter a range (e.g. A4:A6) and then hit F4, BOTH of those references should be fixed, not just the last one. Again, this is how other suites do it. If the user only wishes to fix one of the two references - which is relatively unusual - they should highlight it specifically.
I know this may seem a small thing, but it genuinely slows me down a lot!
I know this may seem a small thing, but it genuinely slows me down a lot!
Re: Frustrating behaviour after F4 to fix references
Thank you for describing this so clearly. After F4, the converted reference remains selected, so the next character you type replaces it. Until this changes, pressing End after F4 moves the cursor to the end of the formula, and you can continue typing from there.
I have forwarded your improvement suggestion.
I have forwarded your improvement suggestion.
Re: Frustrating behaviour after F4 to fix references
Thanks for this reply. I may be being stupid (usually am!) but when I press END after F4, I leave the cell entirely and move to a different one!
The key I am pressing is labelled "end" and sits between delete and page down.
I suspect I am misunderstanding this?
The key I am pressing is labelled "end" and sits between delete and page down.
I suspect I am misunderstanding this?
