Minor UI bug

Post Reply
kingson
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:01 am

Minor UI bug

Post by kingson »

I noticed a minor UI bug in my 2026 SoftMaker apps. It also appears on my 2024 versions as well. Is this just my computer, or has anyone else noticed this? This is on Windows 11 Pro 25H2 with integrated AMD graphics. This bug only appears for me in the colorful UI theme.

When a SoftMaker Office app launches, the window initially has a dark gray border, common to most native Windows applications. However, once the window has fully loaded, the top border blends into the styled title bar but the side and bottom borders turn whitish and look out of place. I found that while I click and drag to move the window, the side and bottom borders switch to the application's theme color, which looks correct. Once I release the window, the borders revert and become whitish again. Furthermore, I found that there also seems to be anti-aliasing applied to a moving window's title bar (the rounded corners are smooth), but a stationary window has jagged corners.

See the screenshots below comparing a stationary native window (explorer.exe) with a moving SoftMaker Office window and a stationary SoftMaker Office window.
WindowBorders.png
Bonus nitpick: The min/max/close window buttons have an odd 1-2 pixel margin that stands out from other apps. Interestingly, in the dark/light UI themes, the buttons still have a 1px border, but look better.

Anyway, thank you to the SoftMaker team for an excellent office suite.
kingson
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:01 am

Re: Minor UI bug

Post by kingson »

One more UI bug: when switching color themes, if I switch to the light theme, the main window title bar text stays in a low contrast gray and is hard to read until I relaunch.
Post Reply

Return to “SoftMaker Office for Windows (General)”