Programs will not open

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
virgosfire

Programs will not open

Post by virgosfire » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:56 pm

Suddenly none of my office 2018 programs will open. They flash to open then nothing. I have tried opening them through the desktop icon, going to the program to open, and clicking on a document to open. Then I uninstalled and re-installed the program. Still doesn't work. I am running Windows 10 and I know my system updated the night before and I haven't been able to open anything since. Help!!!!

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Programs will not open

Post by miguel-c » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:53 pm

I have forwarded your problem to the developers.
Anyway, other forum users are welcome to provide any feedback.

G.R.H

Post by G.R.H » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Try right-clicking on the .exe file and choose 'Run as administrator'. I have had similar problems and this has done the trick - most of the time :)

basiadora

Post by basiadora » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:13 pm

I've installed FreeOffice (a friend recommended it to me as an excellent replacement for expired Microsoft Office). Unfortunately, I have the same problem - whether I click on the shortcut icon, the .exe file directly (open as an administrator) or try to open a document with it - nothing happens, none of the FreeOffice programs run. Uninslalled, updated Win10, installed again - still the same.

Help, please!

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Please try the following steps:

1. Find and uninstall SoftMaker Office in the software list in the Windows control panel
2. Check if there are remaining SoftMaker Office folders and delete them:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\SoftMaker
3. Delete the folder "SoftMaker" under "My Documents" in your Windows (that will delete the personal settings)

4. Download cCleaner free from https://www.ccleaner.com/, and run a Custom Clean and a Registry clean
5. Restart your computer
6. Install the latest version of FreeOffice from softmaker.net/down/freeoffice2018.msi

*Please note that "AppData" is a hidden folder.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”