Pricing Question - 2008 and 2006 Win/Lin/BSD Bundle

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
js3862

Pricing Question - 2008 and 2006 Win/Lin/BSD Bundle

Post by js3862 »

Hello,

I asked this a couple of days ago in an e-mail and never received a reply so, if this is a less than appropriate forum question please forgive me ahead of time.

I'm trying to find out if it would be possible, since we are currently in an interim period between Windows and Linux releases, to purchase a full 2008 Win/Lin/BSD license but use the 2006 version until the time that the 2008 package releases. This would be perfect for me as it would allow me to use either the 2006 or 2008 version on Windows while not requiring an upgrade payment later for the Linux/BSD versions.

Any insight or assistance you could provide concerning this would be most appreciated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Jerry Schliephake
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Pricing Question - 2008 and 2006 Win/Lin/BSD Bundle

Post by sven-l »

js3862 wrote:Hello,

I asked this a couple of days ago in an e-mail and never received a reply so, if this is a less than appropriate forum question please forgive me ahead of time.

I'm trying to find out if it would be possible, since we are currently in an interim period between Windows and Linux releases, to purchase a full 2008 Win/Lin/BSD license but use the 2006 version until the time that the 2008 package releases. This would be perfect for me as it would allow me to use either the 2006 or 2008 version on Windows while not requiring an upgrade payment later for the Linux/BSD versions.

Any insight or assistance you could provide concerning this would be most appreciated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Jerry Schliephake
Hello,

If you purchase SoftMaker Office 2006 for Linux after April 1, 2008, you are entitled to a free upgrade to the 2008 version (download only). There is no release date for SoftMaker Office 2008 for Linux yet.

Please note: The SoftMaker Office 2006 version for Linux contains also the FreeBSD version, but there will be no version of SoftMaker Office 2008 for FreeBSD. It will however be possible to run a Linux emulator to use the Linux version under FreeBSD.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Water Cooler”