Installation instructions?

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Woody44

Installation instructions?

Post by Woody44 »

I am a complete novice when it comes to Linux. I am interested in learning more about it, because when Windows 10 reaches end-of-support in October of 2025 I'll be stuck with seven (7) computers running Windows 10, NONE of which have the whatchamacallit thingie that's needed to run Windows 11. So I will likely jump to Linux, and I'm tempted by advice from "people" to try LMDE6 (Linux Mint Debian Edition). I hope to assemble or buy a cheap computer to use as a test platform so I can experiment. With that in mind:

Where can I find instructions on exactly how to download and install FreeOffice on a Debian platform?

Related: I have an ** OLD ** (as in, VERY old) mini-computer that's running some Debian Linux distro (not Mint Cinnamon, maybe Lxfe?). It's 32-bit. Can I find a 32-bit version of FreeOffice for Linux to experiment with on thatcomputer?

Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Installation instructions?

Post by SuperTech »

All details are available on our website, Installing FreeOffice for Linux section with the list of recommended Linux distribution out of which you can choose for your computer for best FreeOffice/SoftMaker Office support.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thank you. I hope I can follow that. Debian is what I need -- wish me luck.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Best of luck. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Linux (General)”