Debian 9 Stretch crashing

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

fawkesjr

Debian 9 Stretch crashing

Post by fawkesjr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:15 pm

I use Debian 9 stable on a DELL N4050. I have installed Softmaker 2018 for amd64 and followed all the instructions on https://www.softmaker.com/pt/dicas-linux (page in portuguese). When I was installing it, I had a dependency problem (libcurl 3 and libcurl4 missing), so I did "sudo apt-get install -f" and installed libcurl3. I could not install libcurl4 because i could not find it in the repos. Everytime a try to use softmaker (any of the apps) my entire system breaks and my computer turns off alone. Can someone help me?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Debian 9 Stretch crashing

Post by martin-k » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:18 pm

SoftMaker Office is happy with either libcurl3 or libcurl4, so that is not the problem.

Start TextMaker with -debug and send us the file tmlog.txt created in your home folder. This lets us see how far it launches before it crashes.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

fawkesjr

Post by fawkesjr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm

All right, but I don't know how I can do it. Can you be more specific about the commands I have to write in the terminal?

fawkesjr

Post by fawkesjr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:39 am

I reinstalled softmaker with the command "sudo apt-get install --reinstall softmaker-office-2018" and it seems that my problem is gone. I will test a little more and post here if what I did is a possible solution

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”