How do I select a printer in PlanMaker?

CountMountjoy

How do I select a printer in PlanMaker?

Post by CountMountjoy »

In TextMaker when I print a document it asks me to pick the printer. In PlanMaker when I press Ctrl+P or File→Print it tries to go to what it thinks is the default printer which does not exist.

How can I get PlanMaker to let me pick the printer?

(PlanMaker 2024 (rev S1210.0217) 64bit TextMaker 2024 (rev S1210.0217) 64bit Windows 11
Woody44

Re: How do I select a printer in PlanMaker?

Post by Woody44 »

Interesting. I just checked, and this is a problem. There's more:

I have a printer connected to my computer and always on. TextMaker prints to that printer with no issues. PlanMaker won't print to it. It recognizes that there is a default printer, but it reports that [default printer name] is off-line ... which it is not. I just tried PlanMaker from FreeOffice 2021, which I have on a thumb drive, and that works as expected -- when the "Print" window opens, it provides a drop-down menu from which to delect the printer.
CountMountjoy

Post by CountMountjoy »

Thank you, This seems like a pretty serious problem and I will report it to SoftMaker. I found a work around. I go to File-> Export as pdf Then I open that file in Adobe Acrobat and send it to the printer of my choice.

AHA! When I got the "Printer is off line" popup I was clicking Cancel. I chose Ignore instead and then I got the popup that lets me choose a printer. The next time I tried to print a spreadsheet I got the normal "choose your printer" popup.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

CountMountjoy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 pm AHA! When I got the "Printer is off line" popup I was clicking Cancel. I chose Ignore instead and then I got the popup that lets me choose a printer. The next time I tried to print a spreadsheet I got the normal "choose your printer" popup.
Interesting. I would not have thought of that, but that worked for me, too.

Return to “PlanMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”