Search found 800 matches
- Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:56 am
- Forum: PlanMaker NX for Android
- Topic: How to Text direction in a cell
- Replies: 13
- Views: 467
Re: How to Text direction in a cell
Let me make one thing clear: I’ve loved Softmaker Office NX for several months now, and I love it because it’s lightweight and free of unnecessary features . Softmaker Office NX runs smoothly precisely because it lacks unnecessary features and instead offers useful ones. You’re probably thinking ...
- Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:36 am
- Forum: FlexiPDF NX and 2025 for Windows
- Topic: "Printing" to PDF Questions
- Replies: 8
- Views: 23931
Re: "Printing" to PDF Questions
Two more files ...
- Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:34 am
- Forum: FlexiPDF NX and 2025 for Windows
- Topic: "Printing" to PDF Questions
- Replies: 8
- Views: 23931
Re: "Printing" to PDF Questions
The file I used was a complete book. I re-created the issue using a sample book file. The book is formatted for a page size of 5 inches x 8 inches. Using the export to PDF from within TextMaker, the page size comes through correctly. However, when using the FlexiPDF virtual printer, although the ...
- Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:51 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: Master pages, file size, and memory
- Replies: 5
- Views: 288
Re: Master pages, file size, and memory
Master pages are a chapter-based feature, because allowing only one set of master pages per document would reduce the design options enormously. However, when I insert a chapter break into a document, the new chapter inherits the chapter format from the first one, including first, left and right ...
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:43 pm
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: Master pages, file size, and memory
- Replies: 5
- Views: 288
Re: Master pages, file size, and memory
Wow!
I just took a novel of twenty chapters, approximately 150 pages, and re-formatted it using a graphic image (JPEG) as a page border, placing the page border image (and nothing else) on master pages. I had some surprises.
First, inserting a page border doesn't automatically put the border on ...
I just took a novel of twenty chapters, approximately 150 pages, and re-formatted it using a graphic image (JPEG) as a page border, placing the page border image (and nothing else) on master pages. I had some surprises.
First, inserting a page border doesn't automatically put the border on ...
- Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:51 pm
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: Master pages, file size, and memory
- Replies: 5
- Views: 288
Re: Master pages, file size, and memory
Thank you, Sir.
That's what I was hoping to hear (read).
That's what I was hoping to hear (read).
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:32 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: Master pages, file size, and memory
- Replies: 5
- Views: 288
Master pages, file size, and memory
I need some advice and guidance with respect to using master pages in TextMaker. First, some background:
Several years ago, the 12-year old daughter of a good friend wrote a charming little story about a young girl dragon who became a heroine. At Thanksgiving (the American holiday in late November ...
Several years ago, the 12-year old daughter of a good friend wrote a charming little story about a young girl dragon who became a heroine. At Thanksgiving (the American holiday in late November ...
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:43 am
- Forum: TextMaker for Windows
- Topic: Section & Chapter break problem
- Replies: 0
- Views: 153
Section & Chapter break problem
I have a master document (template) for a monthly newsletter that was created in Microsoft Word 2016. The format calls for article headlines to span the full (margin) width of the pages, but the body text of each article occupies two columns. In Word, this is accomplished by using a continuous ...
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:19 am
- Forum: Water Cooler
- Topic: PDF/UA
- Replies: 9
- Views: 126319
Re: PDF/UA
Update:
I just received an e-mail from an agency of the Connecticut (U.S.) state government citing a new requirement that ALL web sites and documents published or distributed by state and local government entities must comply with PDF/UA (ISO 14289) standards.
This is not something that SoftMaker ...
I just received an e-mail from an agency of the Connecticut (U.S.) state government citing a new requirement that ALL web sites and documents published or distributed by state and local government entities must comply with PDF/UA (ISO 14289) standards.
This is not something that SoftMaker ...
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:51 am
- Forum: SoftMaker Office NX for Android (General)
- Topic: [Font Noto Colors Emoji] does not display symbols in the Symbol feature
- Replies: 3
- Views: 781
Re: [Font Noto Colors Emoji] does not display symbols in the Symbol feature
The Noto Color Emojis "font" is a Google monstrosity. If you are having problems with it, blame Google.
- Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:08 pm
- Forum: Presentations NX for Android
- Topic: [New proposal] Add a ‘Dark Documment' feature to the Presentation software for computers and mobile phones
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2736
Re: [New proposal] Add a ‘Dark Documment' feature to the Presentation software for computers and mobile phones
Right now, the Softmaker team is standing up for me. User woody 44 has given in and figured everything out.
Given up? Hardly.
Yes, I have figured out that Văn Quang Nguyễn VN and Formula Use are the same person, posting under two identities to give the appearance of support for your numerous ...
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:59 am
- Forum: FlexiPDF NX and 2025 for Windows
- Topic: "Printing" to PDF Questions
- Replies: 8
- Views: 23931
Re: "Printing" to PDF Questions
This is an old discussion, but I am reviving it because I am getting a couple of new books ready for print (through Amazon, which involves uploading a PDF of the formatted manuscript) and going through the process revives the shortcomings of the FlexiPDF virtual printer.
Example: I have a book that ...
Example: I have a book that ...
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:23 am
- Forum: SoftMaker Office for Windows (General)
- Topic: [Feature suggestion] Change the colour of the Planmaker Edit bar on mobile and desktop
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1063
Re: [Feature suggestion] Change the colour of the Planmaker Edit bar on mobile and desktop
Generally speaking, you have done an excellent job with the workspace colour customisation. Adding colour customisation for the edit bar in Planmaker is absolutely essential . It will help users quickly distinguish between different software components by colour. Colour is a key factor in enabling ...
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:19 am
- Forum: SoftMaker Office for Windows (General)
- Topic: User Manuals?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1324
Re: User Manuals?
:doh:SuperTech wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 2:44 pm The PDF manual is also available directly within each SoftMaker Office application. Select ? | User manual—the second option in the menu—to open it.
How many times have I looked at that, and never seen it?
Thank you.
- Sat Sep 19, 2026 4:54 am
- Forum: SoftMaker Office for Windows (General)
- Topic: User Manuals?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1324
Re: User Manuals?
I found them and I have downloaded them.
You may disregard this discussion.
If anyone else is looking for them: https://www.softmaker.com/en/download/manuals
You may disregard this discussion.
If anyone else is looking for them: https://www.softmaker.com/en/download/manuals