Double U/L affects single U/L

enonod

Double U/L affects single U/L

Post by enonod »

Single underline works fine until one uses double underline.
Trying to use single underline again then fails by only doing a double underline, repeatedly.
It might be possible to reset it but that should not be necessary.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Double U/L affects single U/L

Post by Jossi »

How did you proceed exactly? When I choose double underlining in the menu opened by the black triangle beside the "Underlined U" icon and later simply click the "Underlined U" icon, it is still double underlining, as my previous choice is persistent. I think this makes sense; otherwise, if I want to use double underlining throughout, I would have to choose it every single time again.
enonod

Post by enonod »

Good day Jossi. I have two buttons (via modifying the toolbar) one single and one double.
Not using the arrow, but just the button. The button for normal underline does as I said, it hangs with what I got from the double button.
I do not think that should happen. If I wanted alternately single then double continuously that solution is easy, except for the problem.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Now I can reproduce it and confirm the issue. With two buttons in the icon bar, the standard Underline and the Double Underline button, after using Double Underline, the standard button also underlines double. This is a bug and should be corrected; or SoftMaker should provide an additional button for single underlining (without the triangle) which keeps to single in all cases.
enonod

Post by enonod »

Thanks for confirmation.
If you celebrate Christmas Jossi, have a good one.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your confusion here. Actually, there are three different commands :

Double underline: As the name says, it draws double underline as well as it changes default underline style to double.

Word underline: This one is the standard single underline command, it draws single underline as well as it changes default underline style to single.

Underline (with down triangle): This button/command is simply to draw a default underline, so whatever underline style is default at that time, this button will use it.

I hope the above information will help you.

As you added a customized button for command "Double underline", please also add one for "Word underline".
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Sorry, but I think "Word underline" is not eaxctly what enonod wanted. As the command name says, "Wort underline" underlines only the words and leaves the blanks between words out. So it is useless for underlining text passages, whole sentences or text blocks.
enonod

Post by enonod »

Correct Jossi, thank you. Not underline a single, word only.
I simply want to get back to single underline after double has taken total control. It actually only came about because I found the need for both buttons to alternate-ish between single double.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, this is single underline for words only. We don't have any customizable command button for single underline, which covers spaces also, but I have forwarded this as a feature request to our developer team.
enonod

Post by enonod »

Something seems to have gone astray here.
My original post still stands. I put a button on the bar for double underline and it did just that.
I then have two buttons, the single works until I press the double, then both give the double irrecoverably.

There then 'appears' to be an intended helpful comment that turned unexpectedly into a hijack that has diverted attention.
If it is not an intended feature to have a second button that can be selected as double then I should not be able to do it.
I still do not have a solution, (it appears to me) except, remember not to do it.
Have I got this wrong? Have wires become crossed within my mind as to who is talking to whom?

A solution to 'my' problem would be welcome.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

We understand you correctly. The button with single line and a triangle is actually to draw default underlines.

Once you use the double underline button, it becomes the default underline. That's why above mention button also draw double underlines afterwards.

To draw single underline again, please click on the arrow of underline button and select single underline.

I have already forwarded the details to our developer team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our developer team have fixed this problem and the solution will be included in next service pack of Software Office 2021.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”