File Name Changes when updating File on Google Drive

BradB

File Name Changes when updating File on Google Drive

Post by BradB »

I open an .xlsx file from my Google Drive within PlanMaker. I make changes to the file and tap the Save icon. The file updates.

When I attempt to access the file from my Windows PC, the shortcut says the file does not exist. When I look in Google Drive on the PC, (1) has been appended to the file name, and the original file is gone. The "(1)" file does contain the latest updates.

I don't see anything in the Files tab of the Options screen of PlanMaker in Android that says anything about changing the file name. I have "no backup" selected and auto-recovery turned off.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: File Name Changes when updating File on Google Drive

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please let us know if this problem happens only with this file and this time only or with other files also?

Also, share your sminfo file which you can generate by clicking on '?' > About > Write system information.
BradB

Post by BradB »

After several tests, the (1) on the file name appears to have gone away. I did make it happen earlier with more than one file stored on Google Drive. But I discovered that my original post was not accurate. I have two devices and was mixing the settings that I reported.

If I change the backup option to "no backup", files do not save, even tho I see the message "transferring data". It was after turning backups off and on that the (1) on the file name went away and files started saving again.

I've attached the sminfo files for each device. Please let me know if I can provide any additional info or try anything else for you. Thanks!
Attachments
sminfo Kindle Fire.txt
(47.51 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
sminfo Android 10 phone.txt
(72.58 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the details. So now, your files are saving normally without additional (1) even when backup is enabled?
BradB

Post by BradB »

Files are saving normally Only when backup is enabled. If backup is not enabled, the file doesn't save at all, even though I see the message "Transferring data...".
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Did you open the file directly from Google Drive or from PlanMaker File | Open ? Please let us know how you opened the file?
BradB

Post by BradB »

From PlanMaker File | Open

And the (1) file name unexpectedly appeared again. I didn't pay attention to the sequence of events, because I thought that issue had gone away.

Thanks again for looking into this!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the information. I am unable to reproduce this adding (1) to file name problem, but I have forwarded the details of both the problems to our developers team for further investigation. I will let you know if any further important information will be required from you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our developer team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next update of SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android.
BradB

Post by BradB »

Thanks very much!

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Android”