Default file format

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2018 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Ti.Holambra

Default file format

Post by Ti.Holambra » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:28 pm

Is there a way to set the default file format to docx/xlsx/pptx during installation procedures of the freeOffice?

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Default file format

Post by SuperTech » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am

During installation setting default file format is not available but after installation, you can set default file format by Ribbon command File | Options | Files | Change file format from "Default File Format" dropdown.

Thanks

Woody44

Post by Woody44 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:51 pm

Just a suggestion:

When responding to such questions, since you give users the option of a ribbon menu or a classic menu, you should provide the steps to accomplish these tasks using both menu types. I know for a fact that I'm not the only person in the universe who hates the ribbon menu.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:40 pm

@Woody44: This is really a problem. Of course, there's good reason to ask SoftMaker support always to give both ways, but look at ordinary board members like me: Just like you, I'm a diehard follower of classic menus. So, when I answer questions here, I always give the steps for classic menus, and I can't bring myself to restart SoftMaker Office in ribbon mode just to find out how it works there. I'm already beginning to ask myself if I can still be helpful enough this way or if some fine day I will have to stop posting here altogether because of this issue.
Edit: I've just seen that in another thread you have added the classic steps yourself. Maybe it could be a solution just to complement answers given for one mode only.

Woody44

Post by Woody44 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Jossi wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:40 pm
@Woody44: This is really a problem. Of course, there's good reason to ask SoftMaker support always to give both ways, but look at ordinary board members like me: Just like you, I'm a diehard follower of classic menus. So, when I answer questions here, I always give the steps for classic menus, and I can't bring myself to restart SoftMaker Office in ribbon mode just to find out how it works there. I'm already beginning to ask myself if I can still be helpful enough this way or if some fine day I will have to stop posting here altogether because of this issue.
Edit: I've just seen that in another thread you have added the classic steps yourself. Maybe it could be a solution just to complement answers given for one mode only.
I was able to add the steps for setting page margins in a TextMaker document using the classic menu, but I was able to help out there only because I happen to know how to do it. There are certain to be a lot of questions for which I won't have an answer, especially in PlanMaker and Presentations. And I'm not staff -- I don't check this forum daily -- sometimes not even weekly. For that reason, relying on end users to answer questions that staff should be answering is not really a viable substitute for having staff provide complete answers when they respond to questions.

SoftMaker Office (and FreeOffice) provide both a ribbon menu option and a classic menu option. For that I am eternally grateful. But it doesn't help me or other users of the classic menu to have staff provide ways to accomplish various tasks using the ribbon menu only.

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 for Windows (General)”