CrossRef to Figure, relative position, points the wrong way

JohnWasilewski

CrossRef to Figure, relative position, points the wrong way

Post by JohnWasilewski »

TextMaker Professional 2021 (rev S1016.0624) 64bit

I have reported this before and it seems to have been partially fixed but it still isn't right.
See SMO beta forum reference : https://bit.ly/3gmMy4S

Cross references to figures are no longer giving garbage but, when I insert one to a figure BELOW the text position, the cross reference function returns the word 'above'.
---
John
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: CrossRef to Figure, relative position, points the wrong way

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please send us an e-mail to forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=389&t=20242
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

Please, chaps, try not ALWAYS to ask for a copy of the document when you don't need to.
Try to lessen, not add to, the burden on your ongoing beta test team if ever you can. I'd really appreciate that.

In this case, you could very easily :
- make temporary use of any TM document of your own,
- insert a figure in it somewhere and
- insert a relative-position cross- reference a bit above the figure.

If that fails to reproduce the same fault then do please ask me again and I'll be happy, then, to (1) go back over my work, (2) find the file, (3) find the cross reference that gave an incorrect relative-position word, (4) edit it to make it produce the same mistake, (5) save it as a temporary file, (6) look up the forum report reference, (7) send you an email with the file attached, a note about where to find the fault in the file, and the report reference included in the email, (8) delete the temporary file, and (9) post another message to tell you I've sent it.

I do very much want to help you fix the remaining bugs because I need SMO to work correctly for my own purposes, but I really am v busy and it's v time consuming sending you so many detailed reports and documents.
---
John
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your time, efforts, and for reporting these bugs to help us fixing them =D> but please don't think that we just ask for the effective documents/steps without any try from our side :( . For this issue, I already checked everything and tried to reproduce the issue but I was unable to do that, that's why I asked you for this.
For any bug, it's always better for a proper resolution that we get the reproducible steps with the effected documents so that our developer team can work in it. For it, we first try from our side, and if unable to reproduce then we ask for more details.
If your file is temporary and not confidential, you can simply attach it here.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”