Odd/impractical spellcheck behaviour

kgha

Odd/impractical spellcheck behaviour

Post by kgha »

If I have written a sentence or paragraph and want to check for spelling errors I've noticed that if I hit the spellcheck button, or F7, with the cursor at the end of the written sentence/paragraph, TM does not detect spelling errors (see attached screenshot). If I move the cursor to the beginning of the text I want to check, it works as it should. If I double-click on a word and hit the spellcheck button/F7, spelling errors are also detected.
TM2018 displays exactly the same behaviour.
I find this somewhat impractical. In OpenOffice and WPS Office, spellcheck starts at the beginning of the document regardless of the cursor's position. It would be great if the developers could look into this.

EDIT: I'm on slackware -current 64bit. Installed the amd64.tgz version following instructions. My sminfo.txt file attached.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(243.26 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Screenshot_Spellcheck.png
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Odd/impractical spellcheck behaviour

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this request to our development team.
kgha

Post by kgha »

Thanks! I hope that a fix can be found and look forward to it.
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

Actually I prefer to have the spellcheck start from the cursor position. Nearly always, this is what I need. Please may I ask that a checkbox be used for a start-from-the-top Option, rather than have TM Changed so that it always does this?
—-
John
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

This checkbox already exists: There is a "Search from top" option in the Search and replace dialogue box (if you are searching via the left sidebar, click "Advanced..." to get there). Unfortunately you cannot choose to have this option checked by default, so users like kgha who want to search from the beginning of the document have to select it every time they perform a search. As user needs differ, an additional option to start always with this box checked would surely be appreciated.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

John, I have forwarded your suggestion also to our development team.

Jossi, this discussion is about spellcheck :)
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

:oops: :)

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”