Using Zotero integration makes TextMaker unresponsive

mgrinsven

Using Zotero integration makes TextMaker unresponsive

Post by mgrinsven »

I have mentioned this problem in the beta section already a while back. But sadly it is still present in the released version.
When using the Zotero integration and manipulating the bibliography (i.e. adding and removing items), Textmaker stops responding. CPU usage becomes 100% and the only way to stop Textmaker is to hard kill the process (i.e. using kill -9).

This problem is still present in rev S1014.0529 i.e. the officially released version.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Using Zotero integration makes TextMaker unresponsive

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our development team.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

I experience the same issue as mgrinsven. I'm also using rev S1014.0529
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please share your sminfo file which you can generate by clicking on '?' > About > Write system information and please confirm if your operating system is fully updated or not.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

SuperTech wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:12 pm Please share your sminfo file which you can generate by clicking on '?' > About > Write system information and please confirm if your operating system is fully updated or not.
Where should I send sminfo?

And yes. My OS is mostly up to date. I'm using OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. Snapshop from 20200528.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You can share sminfo.txt file here in this thread as it doesn't contain any private information. Below Textbox, you will find option "Attachments" to attach your file.

Thanks
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

SuperTech wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:45 pm You can share sminfo.txt file here in this thread as it doesn't contain any private information. Below Textbox, you will find option "Attachments" to attach your file.

Thanks
Here you go. I hope it helps.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(343.1 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
mgrinsven

Post by mgrinsven »

The more i use Zotero for writing assignments for my master degree, the more i realize how very broken this is....
The numbering of the citations seems broken. I have several different citations that have the same number.
I just do not add the bibliography to prevent TextMaker from freezing or crashing.
Inserting a new citation only works the second time you try.
Just had a whole paragraph deleted after trying to add a new citation.
before_citation.png
After trying to add a citation:
after-attempting_to_add_cit.png
And what the funny thing is.... i do not even have the option to track the changes enabled :?
I just wanted to readd a citation because it has te same citation number ([4]):
doubble_number_cit.png
Please tell me it is going to improve soon. Because this is an alpha grade implementation.
Right now it takes so much time fighting with citations that i start wondering if i better switch to Latex :(
Really starting to think i should not have bought the upgrade to Porfessional just for the Zotero integration.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

After a quick test with 1016 seems to work fine.
mgrinsven

Post by mgrinsven »

Zotero integration seems to work much better in the latest release. However i was not able to test extensively because the document i was working on for my studies is finished and has been submitted.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”