Can't find scripting commands for Paste Special and Fill Down...

americanaustralian

Can't find scripting commands for Paste Special and Fill Down...

Post by americanaustralian »

I have a PlanMaker document that I'm converting from a .csv file, and some of the dollar amounts are in a string format...which PlanMaker can't read as values. Using the Value and Currency functions only results in a #VALUE! error. I've figured out a script to convert those amounts into usable values with a series of formulas, but I need to be able to use Paste Special to put just the values (and not the formulas) in the correct location. All I can find is the Paste method which naturally pastes everything, including the formulas.

FWIW, Paste Special is available in VBA (Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats).

I also can't find any way to script a Fill Down (or any Fill operation, actually). I figured out how to get the same result with a For Next loop, but it would certainly be nice to be able to script it like I do in VBA, with Selection.FillDown.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can't find scripting commands for Paste Special and Fill Down...

Post by miguel-c »

You could also do a search and replace for the dollar sign and replace it with nothing.
Then format the cells with the currency format.
americanaustralian

Post by americanaustralian »

Thanks for the reply, Miguel. Doing as you suggested works manually, but I can't find a search/replace script command. I'm looking in the BasicMaker 2018 manual...maybe that's the wrong place. Any suggestion where I'd find it?
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Sorry, but my suggestion was doing it manually without even using BasicMaker. I don't think it can be done in BasicMaker

Return to “BasicMaker 2018 for Windows”