Discards Cell Settings When Opening File

Forum for the beta test of PlanMaker 2021 for Windows
AJ_

Discards Cell Settings When Opening File

Post by AJ_ » Fri May 22, 2020 11:43 am

Completely discarded all cell settings when opening previously created file using your 2018 version. This has been a catastrophic problem with all previous versions of Planmaker. Version 2018 is even randomly discarding my cell settings as I am working/editing within and switching to adjoining cells. Aggravating does not even begin to describe the annoyance.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Discards Cell Settings When Opening File

Post by SuperTech » Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 pm

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file and steps to reproduce the problem you are getting in PlanMaker 2021 Beta so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 am

Yes, this did happen with your Beta 2021 version and has happened with all versions dating back to your 2012 version. I cannot share my file since it contains numerous entries of private information. This is not a file specific problem. It has happened with all my Planmaker files dating back to your 2012 version. This specific occurrence with Beta 2021 happened when I opened a file that has each worksheet formatted as a monthly calendar. It is completely manually formatted by me. No templates are utilized. All the affected cells were previously formatted with version 2018 to be Arial 12 pitch font, to start data at the top left of the cell, and to wrap all the text in all the cells in all the worksheets. When I opened the file using Beta 2021 every cell I tried to work in was changed to Arial 10 pitch font, data was centered at the bottom of the cell, and the wrap function was turned off. Again, this has been a rampant problem with all your previous versions dating back to 2012. I'm sure that anyone who has used Planmaker for any length of time has experienced this issue to include yourselves. It is typically completely random so very difficult to duplicate but does happen far too often. Please permanently resolve this issue as it is extremely aggravating to constantly have to deal with these random cell format changes.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Sat May 23, 2020 4:34 am

If it's happening with all your PlanMaker files then you can send any file which doesn't contain confidential/ private data. Or you can send such file privately to forum[at]softmaker.de

Also, please mentioned URL of this port in your email so that we can track it.
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.p ... 997#p65997

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Sat May 23, 2020 5:08 am

Yes, and since it has been happening to all my files since your 2012 version it would likely be reproducible by you if you made any attempt to do so. I told you that it is random/intermittent. How much time and effort do you expect your customers to expend doing your job for you? I have reported a catastrophic failure, in my opinion, and have already reported this very same issue on previous versions. Your corrective action for version 2018 was to reinstall the application. Well guess what? Beta 2021 was a fresh install, and it catastrophically failed opening the very first file. There is obviously not a problem with my files. How could there be when all versions 2012-2021 and all my files have this problem. Please try to isolate the problem yourself. There are obvious software issues/problems associated with file/worksheet/cell formatting. Thank you for this forum and what you are trying to do with this Beta 2021 testing. If I can repeatedly duplicate the failure I will submit what you have asked for. Thank you again for your hard work trying to provide a high quality product.

azriels

Post by azriels » Tue May 26, 2020 7:52 pm

It does sound like a major issue, so out of curiosity, I took some file, aligned data in cells to top/left, changed font from Calibri-10 to Arial-14, set wrap on, saved the file and closed. Then I opened the file, and all my settings are there...
Why don't you just give some test file, see if others can reproduce the error with your file?
My system is Windows 10.

Return to “BETA PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”