Asked for registration key everytime I open any app

gambroselli

Asked for registration key everytime I open any app

Post by gambroselli »

I'm on Win 10 v1809 I've run install repair, uninstalled and reinstalled, reregistered for another key. Either of the two keys will let me use the product, I do not receive an error, but I am asked for the reg key every single time I open one of the apps. All three apps do exactly the same thing. How do I fix this?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Asked for registration key everytime I open any app

Post by martin-k »

The key is stored in C:\ProgramData\SoftMaker. You most likely have either an access-right issue with this folder, or some "system-protection" software is preventing access it. Delete c:\ProgramData\SoftMaker (c:\ProgramData is a hidden folder) and try again.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
gambroselli

Post by gambroselli »

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your assistance. That does appear to be my issue. I have deleted the folder and tried again to no avail. I noticed the folder permissions were different in that folder as opposed to the others in the Program Data folder, so I enabled inheritance on the folder with no change as well. The only item that appears in the folder is the .inf. I cannot seem to get it to save properly, any other ideas? Is there a way to manually create the key file?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Delete the folder and start one of our programs again. It will create the folder with the correct permission.

If that fails, verify that you don't use Controlled Folder Access, a badly implemented Windows feature, or if you do, that you whitelist all SoftMaker Office applications.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
gambroselli

Post by gambroselli »

Controlled Folder Access is not enabled.

Deleted folder and opened app. Same result.

Disabled AntiVirus and repeated above. Same result.

Ran Microsoft Folder Permission repair utility. Same result.

What else can I try? Is there a way to manually create the key file?
gambroselli

Post by gambroselli »

Not sure what the issue is. The app does create a .tmp file in the directory which appears to be the beginning stage of creating the .lic file, which for some reason does not complete. After closing the app the .tmp remains and a .lic is never completed.

Since your license does allow for more than one computer I installed on another machine, activated and copied the .lic file from that machine to the directory on the problem machine.

Problem bypassed but not corrected. Thank you for your time.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

I think you still have a rights issue with the folder. What happens if you manually copy a file (any file) to c:\ProgramData\SoftMaker ?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”