Pen/Stylus input problems

bbrufford

Pen/Stylus input problems

Post by bbrufford »

SoftMaker is my preferred Office Suite. I really like what you do. I have used it for many years now. I love being able to use it on all my devices. I look forward to your new HD for Android. The Windows version works fine with keyboard input on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, but when I switch to tablet mode and am using my pen input it is glitchy. When using the pen input panel and inserting text into a paragraph, the graphics do not match up. The line of the inserted text is about half way down from where it should be and it does not move the text ahead of it like when the keyboard input is used. I hope in the next version this can be fixed. I like using the pen. But, that works best in MS Word. I would like to not have to use that.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Pen/Stylus input problems

Post by sven-l »

bbrufford wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:22 am When using the pen input panel and inserting text into a paragraph, the graphics do not match up. The line of the inserted text is about half way down from where it should be and it does not move the text ahead of it like when the keyboard input is used.

Could you please post a screenshot of the effect? Please attach also the logfile tmlog.txt (you can create it with a click on "?" and then on "About").
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
bbrufford

Post by bbrufford »

In this image you can see at #1 the text is inserted slightly below the line before it. This is more pronounced when I have the computer oriented in portriat mode but I have trouble capturing the image in that mode so I am using landscape. Nevertheless you can see the slight difference here. And when inserting it types over the existing text rather than moving the text as would happen normally. So you can see a bit of that at point #2.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(38.82 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
TMexample.PNG
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Thank you! I will report this to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”