Are there any issues upgrading from freeoffice to Softmaker office?

violindave

Are there any issues upgrading from freeoffice to Softmaker office?

Post by violindave »

I'm using freeoffice and like it and ready to move to Softmaker office

Do I just pay and download and install the subscription over the top of the free office? Is there anything to be aware of in the upgrade install? Will it automatically uninstall the freeoffice? Or do I have to do that manually? Will the files made with free office be automatically compatible?

Should I go with the subscription version or purchase the professional version?

Need the upgrade to go seamlessly and have had a rough time with other programs in the past

Appreciate any help

Thanks
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Are there any issues upgrading from freeoffice to Softmaker office?

Post by sven-l »

Please uninstall FreeOffice manually. There will be no automatic uninstallation. Afterwards, please install SoftMaker Office.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
violindave

Post by violindave »

Thank you.

I assume that after install my office type files saved in freeoffice will still be there and will load in softmaker?

I assume I will need to reset my preferences such as save type, templates etc?

I see you can use 1 subscription for 5 home users or 1 commercial. I use my computer at my home office for both personal use and business. What constitutes commercial use? My wife and I have 3 computers used at home all 3 used for personal plus business. Can we go with one license or does Softmaker require 3 separate licenses for this situation?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

violindave wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:32 pm Thank you.

I assume that after install my office type files saved in freeoffice will still be there and will load in softmaker?

I assume I will need to reset my preferences such as save type, templates etc?

I see you can use 1 subscription for 5 home users or 1 commercial. I use my computer at my home office for both personal use and business. What constitutes commercial use? My wife and I have 3 computers used at home all 3 used for personal plus business. Can we go with one license or does Softmaker require 3 separate licenses for this situation?
Yes, you can open all your files created with FreeOffice properly in SoftMaker Office. The settings will automatically be reset
if you use SoftMaker Office instead of FreeOffice.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”