Failure to upgrade from Softmaker 2016 to Softmaker professional 2018

dlanor

Failure to upgrade from Softmaker 2016 to Softmaker professional 2018

Post by dlanor »

I have been using Softmaker 2016 very successfully for the last couple of years on two of my computers, both running Windows 10. Having received the invitation to upgrade to Softmaker 2018 Professional, I did so. One of my machines accepted the upgrade without any problems but the other one would not open the program even though it had appeared to install correctly. I sent a message to Softmaker via their website and received an email from them, with ticket number 2018092408002827, asking what was the error message. I replied that there was no error message, but since then, despite having emailed them and asked questions via the live chat facility, which then promptly went offline, I have had no reply. Anybody able to help with a solution, or ideas on how to get Softmaker personnel to respond, please?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Failure to upgrade from Softmaker 2016 to Softmaker professional 2018

Post by sven-l »

We are sorry to hear that you have to wait so long for an answer. We will answer your e-mails within the next hours.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
dlanor

Post by dlanor »

Unfortunately your answer was too late to be useful. The matter was urgent and in an effort to solve the problem a second copy of the program was bought but this too failed to run. Further help and advice was sought elsewhere and after expending much time and effort the operating system had to be reinstalled before the program could be used. With hindsight, accepting your invitation to upgrade from Office 2016, which was working well, to Office 2018 was a costly, frustrating and time-wasting exercise. We do not consider that you taking 15 days to answer a plea for help is good customer service nor qualifies you to address us as “valued customer”.
nord

Post by nord »

dlanor wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 pm Unfortunately your answer was too late to be useful. The matter was urgent and in an effort to solve the problem a second copy of the program was bought but this too failed to run. Further help and advice was sought elsewhere and after expending much time and effort the operating system had to be reinstalled before the program could be used. With hindsight, accepting your invitation to upgrade from Office 2016, which was working well, to Office 2018 was a costly, frustrating and time-wasting exercise. We do not consider that you taking 15 days to answer a plea for help is good customer service nor qualifies you to address us as “valued customer”.
dlanar,

Just logged in here. Wanted to say I had the exact same problem, with one difference. I have 2016 standard and just the other day 2018. The new version absolutely refused to install. Tried multiple times with no luck. Wrote to support, no real help there. However, I found a kludge which I do not understand, but it has worked. I installed the Free 2018 version. After installing that version, I went back and tried to install 2018 once again. This time around I saw during the install a message that went something like this. (Removing old versions). The install worked perfectly this time around. Not a clue why it worked. Speculate something in the registry, but who knows?

Hope this helps.

N
-- N --
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

When you report a problem, include the exact error message or screenshots. Apart from "refused to install" and "tried multiple times", there is nothing in your posting that would let us know what was going on. It's good that you got it working, though.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”