Page break view

Bober

Page break view

Post by Bober »

I tried to find that option in freeoffice, beta of softoffice 2018 and now when I bought Softoffice 2018... I still can't find page break preview.

Something like this:
https://www.excel-easy.com/examples/ima ... review.png

This option is available in excel, libre office, WPS office.... but I can't find it here. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Brgds.
Pawel
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Re: Page break view

Post by Michael Uplawski »

Hello Pawel

The page breaks are represented by black lines inside the current sheet. I have not much experimented with altering colors for grid and stuff and will not promise that they will be very visible to your eye. I try a screen shot from one of my own PlanMaker files:
sc_page-breaks_pmdx.png
I have had many problems with these page breaks and there were bugs, where the display did not correspond to my authentic print-outs. But with the recent releases of PlanMaker I have not (yet) been able to reproduce these difficulties.
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
Bober

Post by Bober »

This one I found, but it is not what I was looking for. I would like to change page break with mouse. Anyway thank you for your assistance.
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Bober wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pmI would like to change page break with mouse.
I see. The feature does, AFAIS, not exist in SoftMaker Office. And, while I see how it could be useful for the text-processor, the implementation for the spreadsheet must be complicated due to the possible ways to devise a table in sections, horizontally and vertically. If you have experience with this way of setting page breaks, could you explain the behavior of a spreadsheet program, when the horizontal size of a page imposes that content be moved to an additional page..? Does it ask for your decision or is the result imposed and, thus, improved by trial and error..?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Bober wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:41 pm I tried to find that option in freeoffice, beta of softoffice 2018 and now when I bought Softoffice 2018... I still can't find page break preview.

Something like this:
https://www.excel-easy.com/examples/ima ... review.png

This option is available in excel, libre office, WPS office.... but I can't find it here. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Brgds.
Pawel
Page break view in PlanMaker is on the wish list for the future.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Bober

Post by Bober »

Do you have an estimated time of arrival for this option??? It would be great to have it, after many updates I still don't see it.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Sorry, nothing concrete yet.
Michael Uplawski

And in your opinion, what should be
the behavior of a spreadsheet program, when the horizontal size of a page imposes that content be moved to an additional page..? Does it ask for your decision or is the result imposed and, thus, improved by trial and error..?
I guess that most open questions could be answered with an input-dialog, where the user can impose her/his final word. When, in the end, a page break view is devised after the example of different office-suites, then how do current users agree or disagree with their behavior?

The best possible moment to sort this out is before the first line of code is written or modified.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”