Please, hire me for that! ;D

Paultx

Please, hire me for that! ;D

Post by Paultx »

I was born and live in Brazil.

I've been using software from the US, Europe, Asia, and elsewhere since the early 1990's.

Every now and then I see software "mistranslation" to Brazilian Portuguese versions. From Adobe to CorelDRAW to many others.

And it happens to be the case with the SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows suite.

The problem is that the translation for the Brazilian version of the suite shows Portugal Portuguese here and there, instead of Brazilian Portuguese.

For instance, "File" is "Arquivo" in Brazil. But here I see "Ficheiro" – with the same meaning, but in Portugal – when I'm installing the software.

Is it a big problem for me? No, because I understand the meaning.

But I like to use software I can rely on when it comes to solve problems, get help, etc.

What if I stumble with a Portugal Portuguese term whose meaning I have no idea about? I'll be forced to search, go to a forum, ask friends... Such a waste of time and energy and all!

So I'm here asking you to hire me to check the Brazilian Portuguese translation of all of your software.

Actually I'm here begging you to hire me for this job! I’ve been unemployed for almost a year, so it would help me a lot!

And, of course, your software will probably benefit from being user-friendlier to Brazilians.

Please, consider this. Thank you.
Desktop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i7 • 12 GB RAM
Laptop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i5 • 6 GB RAM
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Please, hire me for that! ;D

Post by martin-k »

SoftMaker Office 2018 offers user interfaces both in Português do Brasil and Português de Portugal. Clear indicator: ficheiro vs. arquivo.

Go to Ficheiro | Opções, switch to the tab "Aspeto" and set Idioma de diálogo to "Português (Brasil)".

However, SoftMaker Office should do that automatically on the first start because it determines the best language from your system settings. I have set my Windows 7 to "Portuguese (Brazil)", and my TextMaker started up in Brazilian Portuguese.

What regional settings have you set in Windows?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Paultx

Post by Paultx »

martin-k wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:43 pm SoftMaker Office 2018 offers user interfaces both in Português do Brasil and Português de Portugal. Clear indicator: ficheiro vs. arquivo.

Go to Ficheiro | Opções, switch to the tab "Aspeto" and set Idioma de diálogo to "Português (Brasil)".

However, SoftMaker Office should do that automatically on the first start because it determines the best language from your system settings. I have set my Windows 7 to "Portuguese (Brazil)", and my TextMaker started up in Brazilian Portuguese.

What regional settings have you set in Windows?
It's set in Brazilian Portuguese here, but I mentioned that the Portugal version appears during the suite installation.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

When I set my locale to Portuguese (Brazil):

1. The setup starts in European Portuguese -> that's a bug, I will report it.
2. But SoftMaker Office starts in Brazilian Portuguese.

Can you confirm this?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Paultx

Post by Paultx »

martin-k wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm When I set my locale to Portuguese (Brazil):

1. The setup starts in European Portuguese -> that's a bug, I will report it.
2. But SoftMaker Office starts in Brazilian Portuguese.

Can you confirm this?
Yes, I do confirm it. But it's not about the setup only. For instance, I needed to search for a certain document, and the results showed exactly what I said before:
The problem is that the translation for the Brazilian version of the suite shows Portugal Portuguese here and there, instead of Brazilian Portuguese.
Check this out:

The file type column (Tipo) should read Arquivo de backup TextMaker (Brazilian Portuguese), but it reads Ficheiro de backup TextMaker (Portugal Portuguese).
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

This is a side effect of the setup running in Português de Portugal instead of do Brasil.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”