OneNote alternative planned?

john_cm92627

OneNote alternative planned?

Post by john_cm92627 »

I have been a SoftMaker user for many years, >15, and have used TextMaker-Android in outline mode for mobile (Android) notes and MS OneNote for deskstop notes. Recently, MS corrected mobile Onenote to enable collapsible outlines and composing margins according to orientation (i.e. portrait vs. landscape). For these reasons I have switched mobile note taking to OneNote for the versatility and compatibility with my desktop notes.

Will SoftMaker produce a note taking application as an alternative to OneNote? Cherry Tree and others are Linux alternatives already but they do not port to Android and I have been happier with SoftMaker than MS or any other creator for desktop and especially mobile applications. If SoftMaker has a collapsible outline note taking application with image support, notebook organization, and hyperlinks (intra-document, inter-notebook) like OneNote then I will be able to switch off of MS Office completely, which is a goal of mine before Windows 7 support ends on 14 January 2020.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: OneNote alternative planned?

Post by sven-l »

There is currrently no OneNote alternative planned.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
colonel_panic

Post by colonel_panic »

I've had great success with Zim desktop Wiki. It wants for nothing compared to OneNote for my use. And the files are plain text, so I can open them in anything. I've never really forgiven Microsoft for the time I spent years writing a database in Access 2000 that can't be opened by any software after Access 2007.

Zim is free, and well worth a go.

I've not really explored Standard Notes, but I think it would have most of the same functionality.
Soapm

Post by Soapm »

sven-l wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:33 pm There is currrently no OneNote alternative planned.
Too bad because it sounds like Evernote may go under...

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”