Erratic Cell Selection

Questions and answers about PlanMaker 2016 for Windows
russprobuilder

Erratic Cell Selection

Post by russprobuilder » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:54 pm

I have my settings in Planmaker 2016 to move the cell selection "Down" when I press enter. But in different spreadsheets that selection, moving down one cell, is not consistent. In my spreadsheet at the moment, the selection moves to the right 5 columns and down 1 row. In other spreadsheets it does differently. Sometimes it works correctly. In the current sheet I'm in again, if I change the selection to move "right", then when I hit enter, it moves right one and up 1. If I select the cells one at a time going down in the same column and hit enter, the selection pops up to the same cell every time, no matter which cell is originally selected. In other words it's going one column to the right and 7 rows up, and then 8 up, and then 9 up, etc., and selects the same cell. This spreadsheet was originally created in Excel, if that makes any difference.

Standing by for a fix.
RussProBuilder

XL-Dennis

Re: Erratic Cell Selection

Post by XL-Dennis » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Would it be possible for You to upload an example file in the Excel file format?

Could You test the following and let us know the outcome?

1. Select a range of cells.
2. Hit the Enter button.
3. Outcome?
------------------------------------------------
Kind regards,
Dennis

russprobuilder

Post by russprobuilder » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:15 pm

I sent the file. When I selected a range of cells and pressed "enter", it alternately selected the next cell down with each press of the enter key. That's how I currently have the setting.
RussProBuilder

XL-Dennis

Post by XL-Dennis » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi again,

Did You upload the file with Your latest post?

Thanks,
------------------------------------------------
Kind regards,
Dennis

russprobuilder

Post by russprobuilder » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:15 am

I sent the file and received a reply. See the following copy of the email message. If you want me to send it again, let me know.

to me

Dear valued customer,
Sehr geehrter Kunde,

We will refer that file to our developers for more investigations. Please try again with the next service pack as soon as it is available.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
SoftMaker Team

--
SoftMaker Software GmbH, Kronacher Straße 7, 90427 Nürnberg
Telefon: 0911/936386-0, Telefax: 0911/303796
Geschäftsführer: Martin Kotulla, Ust-IdNr.: DE133558685
Handelsregister: AG Nürnberg HRB 8788
RussProBuilder

russprobuilder

Post by russprobuilder » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:19 pm

Thank you so much for this update (rev 742) that seems to have fixed the problem. You have a great program and it is working fine in my office, side by side with Excel users, accessing the same files.

This is the best alternative office suite, hands down, to the expensive MS office. Softmaker 2016 is very fast and I love the file management compared to the 2013 MS office products.

Keep up the good work.
RussProBuilder

ralsm277

Post by ralsm277 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Hello. Using Planmaker 2016 I have encountered the same problem as the original poster, re erratic cell selection upon pressing "Enter". VERY strange. First time it happened I closed out of PlanMaker and then re-started it, which I thought seemed to have fixed the issue, but then the issue returned. This is on rev. 766.0331 by the way, which is a more recent build than the one that the original poster had mentioned eventually obtaining success with.

VERY strange. I do have the 2018 version that I purchased recently but haven't installed yet. Hopefully that problem no longer exists. Support: do you know if the reason for this problem was ever found??? Apparently this is a pretty uncommon bug, as I had difficulty finding any reference to it at all when looking for any info about it. Samsung RV511 laptop, and still running Windows 7, here, by the way...

I'll attach the file, also..

Thanks...

Robert...
Attachments
Gas, Snacks, Ciggies - Early 2020.xls
(16.5 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
"I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown." - Woody Allen

Return to “PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”