Softmaker Office 2006 - language files

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
zanzibear

Softmaker Office 2006 - language files

Post by zanzibear »

I didn't find a relevant topic, so I opened a new one for this:
The free Softmaker Office 2006 download page mentions, that that version comes in several languages, including Hungarian.
However, during installation it doesn't offer Hungarian as user interface language. Is there an add-on available to support Hungarian user interface for this version?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Softmaker Office 2006 - language files

Post by sven-l »

Please start the installation of the Office again. When the first screen appear, click on the Hungarian flag on the top of the Setup screen and follow the instructions.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
zanzibear

Post by zanzibear »

sven-l wrote:Please start the installation of the Office again. When the first screen appear, click on the Hungarian flag on the top of the Setup screen and follow the instructions.
Thank you for the answer, but this is exactly the procedure, I followed. The installation program runs in Hungarian, and the installed product has some Hungarian items on its Start-menu group, (like "Tools" is translated), but the program itself installs in English (US), and no other language can be chosen for user interface language.

Just to mention: I've just recently discovered Softmaker Office at all, and I'm amazed how a small European firm can show the "big ones" how they really should have developed applications, both in terms of being multiplatform, lightweight rock-stable, functional and being fairly priced ! (I see, that there are many Chinese WinCE netbooks, that have preinstalled Softmaker Office 2008 WinCE edition - are they legal, licensed copy, or one should beware of them?)
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

In SoftMaker Office 2006, only TextMaker was available in Hungarian, and I am not sure the setup program handled this correctly at all.

During the Christmas holidays, we offered SoftMaker Office 2008 for free, and this one is fully translated to Hungarian. We'll keep the download link active for a few more days at http://www.softmaker.de/lh-down-en2.htm so be sure to quickly get it while it lasts.

There are many Windows CE computers coming out of China with legal copies of SoftMaker Office and many with illegal ones. The thing to look for is a license sticker with a SoftMaker serial number or unlock code or product key at the bottom of the device. We try to go after the pirates, but this a long uphill battle...
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
zanzibear

Post by zanzibear »

Thank you, so I'll stick with 2008 version, that I already downloaded during the load-and-help campaign, but I can invite folks to see the 2008 version for those, who didn't notice it in campaign time.

The 2006 version was mostly interesting as it seemed permanently available to let me show the sense of the Softmaker Office for newer and future newbies. (Since I got known it, I frequently recommend to nearby folks.)
martin-k wrote:In SoftMaker Office 2006, only TextMaker was available in Hungarian, and I am not sure the setup program handled this correctly at all.

During the Christmas holidays, we offered SoftMaker Office 2008 for free, and this one is fully translated to Hungarian. We'll keep the download link active for a few more days at http://www.softmaker.de/lh-down-en2.htm so be sure to quickly get it while it lasts.

There are many Windows CE computers coming out of China with legal copies of SoftMaker Office and many with illegal ones. The thing to look for is a license sticker with a SoftMaker serial number or unlock code or product key at the bottom of the device. We try to go after the pirates, but this a long uphill battle...

Return to “Water Cooler”