Largest formula you ever wrote?

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
LanceGary

Largest formula you ever wrote?

Post by LanceGary »

I can't seem to find anything in the documentation for Planmaker about how many characters can fit in a cell. I'm sure it is more than 255 (at least in PM 2010 for Windows my experiments suggest that it is larger than 255).

Wondering about this led me to wonder what the largest formula was that people had composed in PM? I know very long formula are hard to understand and debug but still it might be interesting to compare some monster formulae!

Lance
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Largest formula you ever wrote?

Post by sven-l »

There is no fixed limitation. You should at least be able to insert 65536 characters into a cell in PlanMaker but I never tested it.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
LanceGary

Post by LanceGary »

sven-l wrote:There is no fixed limitation. You should at least be able to insert 65536 characters into a cell in PlanMaker but I never tested it.
Ah. About the size of the entire memory of a computer from the late 70s or early 80s.

Thanks

Lance
SandJ

Post by SandJ »

LanceGary wrote:Ah. About the size of the entire memory of a computer from the late 70s or early 80s.
When I started programming for a software house in 1983, the COBOL programs I was writing were running in 16K.

And anyone old enough to remember programming at home in those days will love this:

http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/

Return to “Water Cooler”