Trouble with older devices

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
Commanderraf

Trouble with older devices

Post by Commanderraf »

Greetings,

I know that probably this isn't the correct board to put this on, but I need some serious help.

I own a Casio Cassiopeia Pocket PC that has Windows CE 3.0 and a MIPS processor. I would really like to install the SoftMaker Office suite in it, but the trial version for SoftMaker Office 2008 doesn't install the software (ActiveSync displays the regular "This program is not compatible with your device, It will become available for installation when a compatible device is connected).

Searching through the forums I discovered that the last MIPS version you released was the SoftMaker Office 2002, but I can't seem to find the link to download the trial version (I want to be really sure it works on my PDA).

Then, there's this other problem: My girlfriend recently bought an IBM Workpad z50 that runs under Windows CE 2.1 and has a MIPS processor. It is a HPC, and she really just wants it for Excel (she's an accountant). Do you have an Office suit compatible with her device?

Thanks in advance.

-Commanderraf
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Trouble with older devices

Post by sven-l »

Hello,

we only offer a TextMaker 2002 on ebay but never had a PlanMaker 2002.

The Problem is that even that version will not run on devices with MIPS processors. Unfortunately we cannot offer you an version that will run on your device.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Water Cooler”