Access?

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
hops

Access?

Post by hops »

any chance you will make a comp version of access that can run on desktop and pocket pc??
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Access?

Post by sven-l »

Hello,

currently we work on DataMaker 2008 for Desktop PCs. It is not shipping yet. The non-public beta test will be launched shortly. The public beta test will start immediately afterwards.

DataMaker 2008 works with any ODBC or ADO database. It will ship with a very fast database driver for the dBASE database format, but you are not limited to that: You can use DataMaker to access databases from MySQL, SQL Server, IBM DB/2, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft Access etc. – all databases for which ODBC or ADO drivers exist.

You will find more information here:

http://www.softmaker.com/english/dm_en.htm
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
hops

Post by hops »

that sounds great.....BUT will i have a program on my pocket pc to view the data also? i hope not converted to cdb??? :)
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Hello,

DataMaker 2008 will not be available for Pocket PCs in the near future. Maybe next year but i won't promise to much.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

I use SprintDB for my iPAQ and it works pretty well. I've made some nice DB applications for my business that do exactly as I need. And I can access the data from Access and create reports using Crystal Reports.

Carl
Regards

Carl
Software and Web Developer since 1982
Used multiple languages and always learning new ones

Return to “Water Cooler”