Amazon web site

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
erika

Amazon web site

Post by erika »

I made a search at Amazon web site but could not find SoftMaker products available there. Why?

http://www.amazon.com
Tobias-L

Re: Amazon web site

Post by Tobias-L »

Currently we don't sell our software at amazon.com
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

erika

Post by erika »

Why not? I would be glad to see SoftMaker Office suite sold at Amazon web site. You should as well.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

SoftMaker can offer highly competitive prices for their software because they sell directly to their customers. Shopping at SoftMaker's website is as easy as shopping at Amazon's. So why pay more just for the sake of Amazon's profit?
js3862

Post by js3862 »

Jossi wrote:SoftMaker can offer highly competitive prices for their software because they sell directly to their customers. Shopping at SoftMaker's website is as easy as shopping at Amazon's. So why pay more just for the sake of Amazon's profit?
Greater international exposure, larger number of sales, higher income, more development dollars, anything else you could think of that would involve selling more product and/or making more money... One could say the same thing about selling on e-bay since they charge a listing and selling and (when you consider that they own PayPal) a fee for taking payments. However, it's a heck of a lot easier to find things to buy on e-bay than it is to browse 'for sale' adds and it's a lot easier to sell things when you have a customer base of thousands/millions already waiting for you in one place. The idea that a vendor can't afford to pay a sellers fee, especially on a software product, just doesn't wash.

Even if they took a per sale loss of a few dollars the additional sales made via Amazon should far outway the negatives. The only reason I even heard of Softmaker was by chance, stumbling across a web site that listed cross platform software. Prior to that I had never even heard of Softmaker much less their products.

$80 * 100 < $76 * 200 every day of the week.

Return to “Water Cooler”