Spam from the Forum

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Spam from the Forum

Post by jimjutte »

Hey Folks....

I was a little surprised to have received a spam notice HERE... something about Amazon and great deals...

I was so disgusted that I deleted it before I realized... you might want to know who sent this... If you have the ability to have a look through the messages... You might consider blocking the address. It came to my email initially as a private message with a link to the forums. It was the only message in my inbox... if you can follow that trail... maybe you can stop one spammer.

Cheers
Cheers
Jim
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Yes, we saw this as soon as we got several thousand bounce messages for said spam. I have deleted the one spammer that spammed the admin here because due to this I know his screen name.

I don't know if there are others spamming at the same time. Please post the forum names of those spammers here in this thread, and I'll nuke the users immediately.

I'll also have our webmaster check out how to limit the number of private messages a single user can send.

Spammers are inventive scum... :twisted:
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by jimjutte »

Sounds good... and I couldn't agree with the last comment more...

Cheers
Cheers
Jim

Return to “Water Cooler”