SoftMaker 2008 Beta

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
EricC

SoftMaker 2008 Beta

Post by EricC »

From checking out the German site/forums, I see a Beta of 2008 is out. And it seems quite nice so far from playing with it. Will there be a English Forum for this beta? It's been quite a while since I have written in German and feel it would be in everyone's best interest to write in English :P
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

The beta will be released internationally today. :D
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
myotis

Linux?

Post by myotis »

Will there be a Linux version of 2008?

Graham
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Linux?

Post by martin-k »

myotis wrote:Will there be a Linux version of 2008?

Graham
Yes.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
myotis

Re: Linux?

Post by myotis »

martin-k wrote:
myotis wrote:Will there be a Linux version of 2008?

Graham
Yes.
Excellent, as I am moving away from Windows to a Linux/Mac combination, continued support for Linux, is good news.

I won't ask about a Mac version, because I know, and appreciate, the answer.

However, I will reinforce some of the things said on other posts by saying that I have been astonished at the number of people like me, who have bought their first ever Mac in the last 12 months, and fully understand the big increases in sales that Apple are reporting.

Graham
Noddiman

Softmaker Office 2008 Beta

Post by Noddiman »

I have downloaded and installed Softmaker Office 2008 Beta and although my initial impression is very favourable, I noticed the following :

i) The Help for BasicMaker is in German although Office was set up for English. All the other applications' helpfiles are in in English and only bm2008_en.chm is in German.

ii) The first time I opened TextMaker and PlanMaker, a small window appeared with a message stating that the applications will expire on the 31 October 2007. Does this mean I will no longer be able to use the applications after this time (less than four weeks away)? The message does not appear on subsequent openings of the applications.
AlexMclean

Post by AlexMclean »

Hi
How about long will it be before the beta and full versions for windows ce will be released?

Alex
Tobias-L

Re: Softmaker Office 2008 Beta

Post by Tobias-L »

Chris Nother wrote:i) The Help for BasicMaker is in German although Office was set up for English. All the other applications' helpfiles are in in English and only bm2008_en.chm is in German.
The full help is not available yet. The full version will have an English help file, too.
Chris Nother wrote:ii) The first time I opened TextMaker and PlanMaker, a small window appeared with a message stating that the applications will expire on the 31 October 2007. Does this mean I will no longer be able to use the applications after this time (less than four weeks away)? The message does not appear on subsequent openings of the applications.
A beta is a time limited version and it will expire on this date. However, you can either download the final trial version later or purchase the full version.

Regarding the Windows CE version: At first we have to finish Windows, then Pocket PC version. Then we will either port to Linux or Windows CE first (depends on demand).
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Water Cooler”