Planmaker

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
jatrotte

Planmaker

Post by jatrotte »

Okay, you've teased us long enough. Any update when Planmaker will be released (even if it slips into next year??)

My order will be inbound.
Jim
zridling

Post by zridling »

I agree. I have checked the website daily for three months to see if PlanMaker has been released. Should be exciting.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Some more teasing...

Post by martin-k »

We are still working on PlanMaker, and PlanMaker is currently priority #1. There will be a public beta before the end of the year.

In the meantime, some more teasing :twisted: ... the mondo-uber comparison feature matrix: http://www.softmaker.com/down/pmcomp.htm

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
forgotthecheese

Re: Some more teasing...

Post by forgotthecheese »

[quote="martin-k"]We are still working on PlanMaker, and PlanMaker is currently priority #1. There will be a public beta before the end of the year.

In the meantime, some more teasing :twisted: ... the mondo-uber comparison feature matrix: http://www.softmaker.com/down/pmcomp.htm

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH[/quote]

Thank you for the informative chart! Just for clarification SpreadCE [i]does[/i] have a companion desktop application. The main issue I have with SpreadCE is that it has slow screen redraws.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Some more teasing...

Post by martin-k »

forgotthecheese wrote:
martin-k wrote:We are still working on PlanMaker, and PlanMaker is currently priority #1. There will be a public beta before the end of the year.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Thank you for the informative chart! Just for clarification SpreadCE does have a companion desktop application. The main issue I have with SpreadCE is that it has slow screen redraws.
Thank you for pointing out the error. Chart is fixed now!
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

PlanMaker beta announcement

Post by martin-k »

PlanMaker is ready for limited beta testing. Check out the Announcements forum if you are interested in participating.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Stephen Bye

Post by Stephen Bye »

Some updates for the SpreadCE column in your chart:

Compatible with:
Excel 95, 97 & Pocket Excel are listed because they are file formats.
If you want to list applications, then SpreadCE is compatible with Excel 5.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003, Macintosh, Pocket Excel; i.e. the same list as yours.

Number of Bessel functions:
is 4, same as yours

Matrix (array) formulas:
Yes

Array formulas with multiple results:
Yes

Net (radar) charts:
1 type

Colors:
line,area and marker colors can be set per series
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Stephen Bye wrote:Some updates for the SpreadCE column in your chart:

Compatible with:
Excel 95, 97 & Pocket Excel are listed because they are file formats.
If you want to list applications, then SpreadCE is compatible with Excel 5.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003, Macintosh, Pocket Excel; i.e. the same list as yours.

Number of Bessel functions:
is 4, same as yours

Matrix (array) formulas:
Yes

Array formulas with multiple results:
Yes

Net (radar) charts:
1 type

Colors:
line,area and marker colors can be set per series
Stephen: Thank you for pointing out the errors. An updated comparison chart is now up. It is also a bit shortened and has other minor changes as well.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
minimage

Post by minimage »

I wish I used spreadsheets more, so that I could in good conscience apply to test right now.
:(
If you find you have a shortage of qualified beta testers for the limited testing (not that I expect that to be the case), do let us (ok, I really mean me) know. I'll test all three platforms, plus I'd even be willing to give it a try on FreeBSD, NeXTStep and Solaris (and AIX, but I have to buy a hard drive for my RS/6000 first), if it ever works for them!
Bill G, please buy me a TabletPC
With a 30-gig hard drive and Windows XP
Throw in some wireless, and I might dump BSD
So Bill G, please buy me a TabletPC!
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

minimage wrote:I wish I used spreadsheets more, so that I could in good conscience apply to test right now.
:(
If you find you have a shortage of qualified beta testers for the limited testing (not that I expect that to be the case), do let us (ok, I really mean me) know. I'll test all three platforms, plus I'd even be willing to give it a try on FreeBSD, NeXTStep and Solaris (and AIX, but I have to buy a hard drive for my RS/6000 first), if it ever works for them!
We'll have a public beta shortly after the private one. I think we already have a good mix of applicants for the private beta.

Oh, about that RS/6000... the TextMaker build for AIX is beginning to function. :D
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Kseise

Planmaker 2003

Post by Kseise »

I noticed the website identifies Planmaker 2003. Since it is getting a little late in the year, is the actual name going to be Planmaker 2004?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

I just updated http://www.softmaker.com/down/pmcomp.htm by adding Hancom Mobile Sheet for comparison and refreshing the info on PlanMaker.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Mr. Resistor

Post by Mr. Resistor »

Planmaker seems too have been in limited beta for a little over two months now. Is there comment you can make with regards to it's progress? Is there any update on either a public beta, or better yet, a release date. Is it fair to assume that the pricing model will be similar to TextMaker. As TextMaker owners, will any special introductory pricing/offer be made available?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Mr. Resistor wrote:Planmaker seems too have been in limited beta for a little over two months now. Is there comment you can make with regards to it's progress? Is there any update on either a public beta, or better yet, a release date.
We'll have a public beta some time in the next two weeks, and this will be for all platforms.
Mr. Resistor wrote:Is it fair to assume that the pricing model will be similar to TextMaker.
Yes.
Mr. Resistor wrote:As TextMaker owners, will any special introductory pricing/offer be made available?
Yes. Stay tuned for updates to the web pages and announcements in the newsletter.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
dh

Post by dh »

Hey Martin, I'm getting to the point that I need to purchase a Spreadsheet for my PPC and I'm getting worried that I might have to go with the other guys since Planmaker has not arrived.

I had thought that Pocket Excel would keep me going but I'm running into it's limitations all the time.

Can you give me any encouragement as to when PlanMaker will be ready (or at least in public beta) so I don't have to get something else. At the very least I'm going to have to use the free version of SpreadCE for a while. I downloaded it and it seems to do a lot of what I need.

Thanks
David

Return to “Water Cooler”