Company connections

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
peterbal

Company connections

Post by peterbal »

I purchased Textmaker and Planmaker 2007 as an office package from Ashampoo on a special offer some time ago, and am delighted with it. I'm just curious though about the connection between Ashampoo and SoftMaker. Every week I get a few promotional emails from Ashampoo, and I have to say they are so bright they brighten up my day. . :D

But I am curious. When I launch either app the splash screen has the name Ashampoo boldly across it, yet it is the SoftMaker web site with all the info and the excellent support and forums etc.

Anyone satisfy my curiosity please? :shock:
Peter in New Zealand.
Collector of old cameras, tropical fish fancier, good coffee nutter, and compulsive computer fiddler.
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

We are SoftMaker, the developers of the software. Ashampoo is a reseller which sells a special version of our office suite called Ashampoo Office.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

peterbal

Post by peterbal »

Ah ha! Now I see. Well, it's brilliant software whatever name is on the splash screen. And if it wasn't for Ashampoo I might never have heard of the software. But I am glad to have connected with the "home" of the software. Thank you for satisfying my nosey curiosity.
Peter in New Zealand.
Collector of old cameras, tropical fish fancier, good coffee nutter, and compulsive computer fiddler.
KillerCrayon

Re:

Post by KillerCrayon »

Tobias-L wrote:We are SoftMaker, the developers of the software. Ashampoo is a reseller which sells a special version of our office suite called Ashampoo Office.
where can one find description of differences between ashampoo and softmaker editions?
Tobias-L

Re: Company connections

Post by Tobias-L »

Currently there is no comparison table available. It's on our wish list.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Company connections

Post by martin-k »

For international customers, the difference is that SoftMaker Office comes with BasicMaker (our BASIC macro language) and Ashampoo Office does not.

Only relevant for German-speaking customers is that SoftMaker Office comes with DUDEN dictionaries for the German language (think: "Webster for German") whereas Ashampoo Office does not.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Water Cooler”