DataMaker Public Beta

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
jakware

DataMaker Public Beta

Post by jakware »

Please sign me up for the public beta of DataMaker. I am looking for a database program that I can use as a front end, via ODBC, to an enterprise Oracle database (currently version 9, but soon to be 10) for performing queries and extracting schema information. I am also looking to start some development of my own applications.

Based on a comment I saw in another thread, I take it that DataMaker is not going to be available for the PPC at this time? :( I have several applications I would like to write that I can use on both my PDA and Desktop and need a database for the PDA (since M$ no longer supports Modile Access).

Thank you,
- Doug
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

As soon as the public beta for DataMaker starts, we will send out a newsletter to our customers. If you are already a registered subscriber, you, too, will receive this newsletter.

We will have to finish the Windows version first. Porting to Pocket PC is not that easy due to lack of important interfaces support by the operating system.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Noddiman

Re: DataMaker Public Beta

Post by Noddiman »

When might the public Beta version of DataMaker for Windows be released? The Softmaker website states January for the Beta and possibly February for the final Windows version but we are in February now and there is no sign of the Beta yet.
erika

Post by erika »

I think you need to publish your roadmap status monthly.
wilbertnl

Post by wilbertnl »

I understand that you are finishing up the development of Datamaker 2008 and preparing the beta tests.

But it would be excellent if Datamaker supports the SQLite3 dynamic library (http://sqlite.org/download.html) in addition to ODBC. It seems that SQLite is offering highly reliable compatibility.

What do you think?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

wilbertnl wrote:I understand that you are finishing up the development of Datamaker 2008 and preparing the beta tests.

But it would be excellent if Datamaker supports the SQLite3 dynamic library (http://sqlite.org/download.html) in addition to ODBC. It seems that SQLite is offering highly reliable compatibility.

What do you think?
Hello,

I referred you idea as a feature request to our developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

There is an ODBC driver for SQlite to be found here:

http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/

I have not tested it with DataMaker, so I cannot make any statements how well they work together, but this would be a good thing to try during the public beta.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
EricC

Post by EricC »

Hi Sven,

I see there is a discussion going on in the German forums about being put on a list for the DataMaker beta testing. Would I be able to get added to the list?

Danke,
-Eric

Reference thread: http://www.softmaker.com/diskussion/vie ... =52&t=9088
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

EricC wrote:Hi Sven,

I see there is a discussion going on in the German forums about being put on a list for the DataMaker beta testing. Would I be able to get added to the list?

Danke,
-Eric

Reference thread: http://www.softmaker.com/diskussion/vie ... =52&t=9088
Hello Eric,

i've put you on the list for the DataMaker Beta. Have a nice weekend :D
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
EricC

Post by EricC »

Thanks Sven, you have a good weekend as well! :D
bonios

Post by bonios »

Oh My! hello there, I nearly fell off my chair when I heard there is soon to be a DataMaker. This could be the answer to my prayers! I used to use good old dBase but reluctantly moved to Access, yes it has some very nice things that was difficult/impossible in dBase, but oh so clunky and pernicketty! I'm really keen to see what you have come up with, sounds good so far, please add me to your beta list. Sheila
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

bonios wrote:Oh My! hello there, I nearly fell off my chair when I heard there is soon to be a DataMaker. This could be the answer to my prayers! I used to use good old dBase but reluctantly moved to Access, yes it has some very nice things that was difficult/impossible in dBase, but oh so clunky and pernicketty! I'm really keen to see what you have come up with, sounds good so far, please add me to your beta list. Sheila
Done 8-)
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
bonios

Post by bonios »

cheers! :D
Ynnad

Post by Ynnad »

I am quite interested in DataMaker and would like to make some input.

Please sign me up for the Beta
Photo_G

Post by Photo_G »

I would also like to be signed up for the DataMaker beta please.

Thanks in advance,
G

Return to “Water Cooler”