DataMaker

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
forgotthecheese

DataMaker

Post by forgotthecheese »

There is a "DM" button in the Windows version of TextMaker, which stands for DataMaker. When do you approximately plan to release your database program, DataMaker? Will it be as feature rich as KioneSoft Sprint DB? I would like to purchase a database program for the PocketPC such as KioneSoft Sprint DB but would rather wait if SoftMaker will come out with a database program sometime in 2004.
Thanks! :D
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

Well, there will be DataMaker 2004 released this year, but only for Windows users. If the demand is large enough we might port it to other platforms, too.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Kseise

Post by Kseise »

Tobias, if you look at the Pocket PC newsgroups I think you would agree that the demand for at Pocket PC version of Planmaker exists. A fully compatible spreadsheet companion to work with Textmaker is definitely in demand.

Many people use SpreadCE from Byedesign Software. I would hope that Planmaker would offer more fluid interoperability, and therefore would be a preferred program.
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

Kseise wrote:Tobias, if you look at the Pocket PC newsgroups I think you would agree that the demand for at Pocket PC version of Planmaker exists. A fully compatible spreadsheet companion to work with Textmaker is definitely in demand.

Many people use SpreadCE from Byedesign Software. I would hope that Planmaker would offer more fluid interoperability, and therefore would be a preferred program.
Well, we plan to release PlanMaker for Pocket PCs (the spreadsheet application), but we are talking about DataMaker, a database program currently only available for our German customers using Windows.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Kseise

Post by Kseise »

Actually there is more of a demand for Datamaker. I don't know what I was thinking on that last post. I must have gotten the two confused. It will not happen again. Everyday I see about a dozen requests fro Pocket Access on the newsgroups. You guys could make a killing if you released an equivalent to Access.
dlangton

Post by dlangton »

Here's another request for a version of DataMaker for the PocketPC. There would be a huge demand for such an application. None of the other database software I've tried provides the features needed.
hcampbell

Chiming in with the Crowd on Datamaker

Post by hcampbell »

Hey yall:

If you could develop English versions for PPC 2003 and Windows that had the same full functionality for both platforms, I would take a serious look at buying them 8)

If you do decide to create English versions of Datamaker for both PPC 2003 and Windows then please create a really user friendly GUI to accompany them.

Hope yall decide to create them,

hcampbell
froelichd

Post by froelichd »

Here's another vote for Datamaker for the PPC. I'll buy it as soon as it's available for Windows, but I'm especially anxious for Datamaker on my Axim.
francisco

Post by francisco »

Coming late to discussion.
This is a vote for a Linux/FreeBSD version.

Sure there are open source databases, but they are for "developers" and to use with languages. There is lack of something simple to use.

Specially to do quick data cleanups, reports, etc..

When is the windows version expected to come out?
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

The beta version of DataMaker for Windows is expected late this year (for German customers), and the final version at the beginning of 2005. As soon as we translated the whole program there will be an English version, too.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

hgilbert

Post by hgilbert »

I will definitely buy it for Linux
Make it better than Access.
froelichd

Post by froelichd »

I haven't heard any news on this topic lately. I will need to buy a database program before too long, and I was hoping that it could be Datamaker. Is there any word about the timetable for this product?
hgilbert

Post by hgilbert »

programming is very hard
and timelines are impossible to predict
i sort of sympathize :)
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

As the name is DataMaker 2005 the software will be released 2005. At first we have to finish TextMaker 2005 for Windows (public beta coming soon), then we port TextMaker 2005. In the meantime we already work on DataMaker 2005, with good results, so stay tuned.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

erika

Post by erika »

any updates on Datamaker for Linux? we are looking forward to testing its beta.

Return to “Water Cooler”