Russian Dictionary for SoftMaker 2010

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
harold@cmh.net

Russian Dictionary for SoftMaker 2010

Post by harold@cmh.net »

I have purchased both SoftMaker 2010 and SoftMaker 2021. I very much prefer 2010. To those of you who think that I should switch to 2021, I am suggesting (as nicely as possible) that urging me to update to 2021 is an exercise in futility, unless, of course, what I am trying to do in SoftMaker 2010 is not possible.

English is the primary language of my computer, but I type Russian alphabet, and there is no problem entering Russian alphabet into TextMaker 2010. What I do not have at this time is a Russian dictionary.

I found a Russian dictionary at www.softmaker.com/en/dictionaries, but all of these are HUNSPELL dictionaries (.SOX files). My English dictionary for SoftMaker 2010 is in .DIC format. I was not expecting SoftMaker 2010 to recognize the HUNSPELL dictionary, and therefore was not terribly heartbroken when 2010 did in fact fail to recognize it.

Does SoftMake have in their archives a Russian dictionary for 2010 that I can get a copy of?

Thanks for the help.
-Harold
harold@cmh.net

Re: Russian Dictionary for SoftMaker 2010

Post by harold@cmh.net »

The file russian.dic is included in SoftMaker 2021. I copied that file into 2010's spelling directory, did some minor configuration, and Russian spell check in 2010 is working perfectly. Problem solved! :-)

Return to “Water Cooler”