Submitting suggestions

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
snowshed

Submitting suggestions

Post by snowshed »

Not too long ago, I received an email from Softmaker asking what changes I would like to see. I tossed it.

Where's the best place to go to make suggestions that are general in nature?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Submitting suggestions

Post by SuperTech »

This is the right place for such suggestions i.e. forum post. Please let us know what are your suggestions.
snowshed

Post by snowshed »

This is the right place for such suggestions i.e. forum post. Please let us know what are your suggestions.
It's a sad but true fact, when you get older, the eyes get worse. :-( That being said...

The vertical and horizontal lines that indicate where the data will be separated between the pieces of paper are not that easy to see if a person's eyesight has deteriorated.

I would like the ability to change the thickness and color of those lines so it would be easier for me to see. Another person may want a different color and line thickness.

I looked through settings and didn't see anything, but sometimes items can be more difficult to find than the developers desire. I found this to be true for switching user interfaces.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please let us know for which application you want this feature? PlanMaker/TextMaker/Presentations ? So that we can provide you support accordingly.
snowshed

Post by snowshed »

My apologies for forgetting to name the application.

It's Planmaker.

If you like, I could create a screenshot and highlight the lines I'm referring to.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

In PlanMaker, you can change thickness, color, line type etc from the ribbon command Home | Format group | Borders dropdown.
snowshed

Post by snowshed »

Hi, SuperTech,

We aren't talking the same lines.
In PlanMaker, you can change thickness, color, line type etc from the ribbon command Home | Format group | Borders dropdown.
Those are the Lines around individual cells and are not the lines I'm referring to.

In the screenshot below, I have a blank spreadsheet where paper size has been set to 8/5" wide by 5/5" tall. I needed a paper size that would have multiple pages on the screen.

Like most spreadsheets, Planmaker provides a guideline indicating the size of the individual pages. I've drawn red rectangles around the lines I'm referring to. It is these lines I wish to change the thickness and color of. :-)

Planmaker 2010
Planmaker 2010
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this feature request to our developers team.

Meanwhile, please check the page break preview, which you can enable by ribbon item View | Check "Page break preview" checkbox.
snowshed

Post by snowshed »

Thanks, SuperTech.

Page Break Preview is checked by default here.

Return to “Water Cooler”