Releasing SoftMaker for Windows CE "as is"

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
ylitvinenko

Releasing SoftMaker for Windows CE "as is"

Post by ylitvinenko »

The first time I’ve heard about SoftMaker Office was during the Windows Mobile era. From what I remember, it was the first mobile office suite which actually gave as much features as the desktop counterpart. Unfortunately, I could not get it during the life span of both the suite and the Windows Mobile platform.

Today, Pocket PC/Windows Mobile is a historical platform, with many enthusiasts holding onto their PDAs and communicators but few commercial clients. Some early mobile publishers, like Astraware, offer their legacy software as free unsupported downloads. Is there any chance SoftMaker is ready to do the same with SoftMaker Office 2012 for Windows Mobile, either for everyone or for their paid customers?

I am actually crazy enough to buy that suite, but I realise it’s not feasible to keep everything in check for. I just consider that suite one of finest pieces of mobile software from that era, and I don’t want to look for a pirated copy on some shady old websites.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Releasing SoftMaker for Windows CE "as is"

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, we don't have that available but I have forwarded this request to our product management...

Return to “Water Cooler”