Google search on forum returns confusing description

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
HandsOff

Google search on forum returns confusing description

Post by HandsOff »

I haven't bothered bookmarking this forum because doing the following search on google always provides a link as the first result.

"Textmaker 2006 Forum"

Every time however, I notice a message that I think might have a chilling effect on some prospective posters.

Forum, Topics, Posts, Last Post. TextMaker Support. No new posts, TextMaker 2006 for Windows Help for TextMaker 2006 for Windows ...

I think you will agree that this description is ambiguous, at best. I, being one who takes rejection rather badly can sympathize with all the would-be posters that may have felt unwelcome.

Anyway, just thought you should know.

-HandsOff
All I wanted was a reliable Word Processor. How did I end up with a DVD with over 2 GB's on it. I wasn't able to write much, but I did do alot of reading while it was loading :)
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

Thanks for the info, but we cannot change what Google displays in its search results. We use normal phpBB forum software, so if so this would be an issue of every forum running phpBB.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

HandsOff

Post by HandsOff »

My thought was that possibly you included tags, or keywords, or maybe could if you did not. Possibly even re-arrange the order of something. But if it is as you say, just a matter of hit and miss then it probably would not help.

-HandsOff
All I wanted was a reliable Word Processor. How did I end up with a DVD with over 2 GB's on it. I wasn't able to write much, but I did do alot of reading while it was loading :)

Return to “Water Cooler”