Please extend cloud integration to all Office versions

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
holoperson

Please extend cloud integration to all Office versions

Post by holoperson »

I've just installed Textmaker and Planmaker HD for Android on my new tablet, and the Dropbox/Google Drive integration is wonderful!
(I couldn't get Onedrive to work. I just got a white screen after signing in.)

Please extend this feature to Office for Windows and Office for Linux. (I use both on various devices.)

Currently on my Linux PC I have set up a synchronising Dropbox folder (ie, the conventional way of using Dropbox), but the built-in integration in HD is much more convenient.

Do you have plans for this?

cheers
Holo
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Please extend cloud integration to all Office versions

Post by sven-l »

At least in Windows you can install Google Drive (or any other major cloud service):
https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive?hl=en

Afterward, it is accessible like a network drive and you can access it from every program via File=>Open or File=>Save.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
colonel_panic

Post by colonel_panic »

By the same token, I have to say please don't!

I like having my files on devices I own. Convenience is great, but I prefer the knowledge that I am responsible for the files on my computer. All the big cloud providers have lost data in the past, and the end users have no comeback.
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Post by Michael Uplawski »

colonel_panic wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 pm By the same token, I have to say please don't!
Me too. We should have a [please don't]-button on this kind of thread.

While anybody's self-inflicted mischief should not prevent nor advocate any new functionality which addresses only a limited number of users, the consequences are felt my many more people, afterwards.

principiis obsta! 3
(My cat marched on the keyboardq122222222222222222222 STOP THIS!)

Edit: Kraut2English / inflicted
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.

Return to “Water Cooler”