Install over or uninstall and reinstall.

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
anewuser

Install over or uninstall and reinstall.

Post by anewuser »

Hello.

I'm trying to find forum rules so to avoid doing the improper but couldn't find any. Didn't know where to ask this, either.

Do upgrades (such as the recently released 758) can be installed over? Want to see the changes mentioned in changelog but two things could happen:
1st scenario: needing another/new registration number
2nd scenario: the installer recognized the previous/used registration number.

I know the usual recommendation is uninstall/reboot/reinstall but I thought to ask to be fully clear.

Thank you in advance for your response.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Install over or uninstall and reinstall.

Post by sven-l »

If you use SoftMaker Office for Windows, you can install the latest service pack over the existing installtion:
http://www.softmaker.com/en/download/servicepacks

If you use FreeOffice or SoftMaker Office for Linux or Android, you have to download the new installation file and install the Office again. But it should not be necessary to enter the registration code again.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
anewuser

Re: Install over or uninstall and reinstall.

Post by anewuser »

The follow up.

Worked better than expected. The installer recognizes the previous installation and requeries uninstalling first, which it offers an option to do. I did, and the previous key was recognized without needing to reregister.

Thank you very much softmaker team.

Return to “Water Cooler”