Forum category naming

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
Alfred

Forum category naming

Post by Alfred »

I am a Windows user who occasionally uses a small Android tablet, and my point of entry for these forums is Unread posts. I often find that a topic is listed as ' » in General', and it's only when I click on the link that I find out that it's the General sub-forum of SMO 2016 for Linux, or SMO HD for Android (or whatever) which is rarely of any interest to me. Would it be possible for the different General boards to be given distinct names?
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Forum category naming

Post by martin-k »

You do have a point there. We have renamed the "General" forums and will watch if this causes any ill side-effects.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Alfred

Re: Forum category naming

Post by Alfred »

Your very quick response is greatly appreciated, Martin. Vielen Dank! :)
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Return to “Water Cooler”