Software Development

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
Freddie

Software Development

Post by Freddie »

Its curious that we seem to be going backwards with software development in general as both operating systems and application software become increasingly bloated, unintuitive in use and unreliable. Furthermore, the realised performance has, in many cases, deteriorated quite noticeably. We also seem to have reintroduced the old browser incompatibility chestnut with many web sites now only working properly with certain browser builds and 'security' functions not necessarily operating as expected. The end result is that we are wasting far too much time being glued to computer screens while we try to work out how to do something which, a few years back, was actually quite simple on our faster performing hardware.

I only mention this as, with SoftMaker 2015 on the horizon, I hope the SoftMaker team have resisted the temptation to fall into the 'features' trap and have, instead focused upon reliability and performance of the existing code base. I shall look forward to seeing it....

Return to “Water Cooler”