iOS, iPhone, iPad,

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
freykarts

Re: iOS, iPhone, iPad,

Post by freykarts »

Thanks for this
Maiathedog

Post by Maiathedog »

I look at this big. beautiful, sparkling, state-of-the-art, cutting edge beast and shake my head. To me it's Department of Redundancy Department and not at all what I would wish to see Textmaker on.
A tablet with an external keyboard is a tablet pretending (with ever greater success - this much I will grant you!) to be a computer.
So, yeah, it's a great device and all, but I would love to see Textmaker allowing me to translate movie scripts on an eight inch Android HANDHELD tablet with the same good productivity that I presently have on an iPad Mini.
There is nothing in the Android sphere for writing on handhelds. Or rather, to be more precise, there's plenty for writing fresh input at the speed of inspiration, but nothing good for editing (which is about 75% deletive in nature).
All editing in the Android sphere is based on maneuvering mini-handles - which IMHO is a cosmic level design fail.
A couple of apps in the iOS sphere have embraced Connective Editing and so, though for entering text there remains thumbing which will never beat touch typing, with Connective Editing there is now faster and more efficient editing on portable handheld devices than what's normal on regular computers.
Markdown did away with the need for selection (highlighting) for formatting and now Connective Editing has done away with the need for selection for deletion. That leaves only Copy/Cut & Paste - which is acceptable.
This means that outta-your-pocket, instant-on, work anywhere and in any position devices can create AND EDIT amazingly beautiful content WITH EASE.
For as long as the Android apps for handheld txt editing (and unfortunately this includes Textmaker) require their users to drag mini-handles - well they'll be subpar. They'll only be good with external keyboards, that is, on make-believe computers, but NOT on mobile devices.
eacosta@yahoo.com

Post by eacosta@yahoo.com »

ArnaudK wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:21 am Worldwide speaking, Android market share is more than 70% when iOS is barely above 20%. It makes sense to prioritize Android version. Even on Tablet Apple's marketshare is just above 30%. I don't use iOS based device but I have some friends who use it and are very Apple centric. Softmaker's chance to penetrate that market is tiny. Porting software to a very specific, pretty not standard operating system costs a lot of money and unless Softmaker does not see a return of investment, the iOS version of Softmaker office is unlikely.
I understand that prioritizing makes sense. What I’d like to know is if you’re planning an iOS version, and when?✌️🙂
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

eacosta@yahoo.com wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:12 pm What I’d like to know is if you’re planning an iOS version, and when?✌️🙂
Good news 8)

SoftMaker Office for iOS is under development, but release date is not decided, so please stay connected for next news.
erika

Post by erika »

But Android users don’t pay for licensed software mostly, whereas iOS users mostly pay for licensed software!

Know the difference. You will make more money on iOS than Android even if the number of users are 10 folds. Because iOS is an expensive device and there are no modded crack apps on iOS. People buy licensed software on iOS because they have to!

ArnaudK wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:21 am
patrickwest wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:13 pm Greeting,

I am an ex Softmaker Office user. Earlier in this thread I related why I after a decade I stopped using Softmaker Office.

It is the end of 2020 and you still don’t have an iPad version. A pity.

Patrick West
Worldwide speaking, Android market share is more than 70% when iOS is barely above 20%. It makes sense to prioritize Android version. Even on Tablet Apple's marketshare is just above 30%. I don't use iOS based device but I have some friends who use it and are very Apple centric. Softmaker's chance to penetrate that market is tiny. Porting software to a very specific, pretty not standard operating system costs a lot of money and unless Softmaker does not see a return of investment, the iOS version of Softmaker office is unlikely.
catalinluis68

Post by catalinluis68 »

Salut,

sunt nou in acest forum si de 4 luni am decis sa trec de la Android la IOS si de Windows la MacOs.
La început am intapinat câteva mici probleme dar acum este totul OK.
Am primit acum doua zile un email in care sunt invitat sa-mi fac cont pe acest forum pentru a participa la programul BETA pentru IOS si IPAD.
Problema mea este următoare, in email mi se spune :
4. On this page, you can apply for membership in the user group
"SoftMaker Beta". To do this, click the round button to the right of
"SoftMaker Beta", then select "Join selected" in the dropdown list and
click "Submit".
Nu găsesc acest buton.
Daca ma puteti ajuta?
Multumesc!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please click on the link provided in the email to join the beta group.

This is the English language only forum, so please post here in English language. If you are not comfortable in English, please use any free online translator to post/read in English.
pdagadget65

Post by pdagadget65 »

I have signed up for beta test of IOS. I like Softmaker. I am not in the Microsoft software world and some of the other software I don't trust or have poor compatibility. I recently switched to IOS and really need one system to edit my files. I am hoping you push to get the IOS version done soon. I would also like to see an IOS and MAC version of the PDF editor.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

The private beta for SoftMaker Office for iOS is going to start soon. We already have fully working SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac.

There will be no FlexiPDF for iOS/Mac any time soon.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

SuperTech -

I understand that the beta test for the iOS version of Softmaker Office has begun, or will begin momentarily. I have bought SoftMaker Office for Windows and for Android. I am curious to see what the iOS version looks like but the only iOS device I have is my late wife's iPhone 4. If the iPhone 4 can run SoftMaker Office, I'll sign up for the beta test. Can you tell me if the iPhone 4 is able to run the beta version of SoftMaker Office?

Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your interest in Beta program, but SoftMaker Office for iOS require iOS 14 or later.
Pelagicdrifter

Post by Pelagicdrifter »

Hi, I’m probably too late for the iOS Beta program? I have a iPad Pro 2021 and iOS14.

I owned SoftMaker Office for Windows Mobile way back when and later the Mac version but I’ve been using an iPad for 95% my needs for nearly the last decade and have the latest iPad Pro now.

Regardless, I’m really happy to hear that there is an iOS version finally coming. The only thing I would hope is that it will be a proper paid for version and not subscription as I tend to avoid any subscription software.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

No, you are not late. Please check your inbox for private message.
BlackMyth

Post by BlackMyth »

It will be really beneficial to have everything synchronized between your devices. iMessages, images, notes, and a slew of other things I'm forgetting right now. In many ways, it's as if you're using a single device with two different screen sizes.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

SoftMaker Office for iOS is available now in Apple Store, which you can download and install without any problem.

Return to “Water Cooler”