Bug: Double Enter

silph

Bug: Double Enter

Post by silph »

TextMaker for Android recently updated itself. The "About.." box now says "TextMaker NX - IME (rev S1207.1128.906) 64bit".

I use Textmaker with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, with an Arteck HB 030B bluetooth keyboard. After the update, when I press the Enter key once, TextMaker acts like the Enter key has been pressed twice.

For example, if I type "Hello<Enter>Goodbye", I will get the word "Hello" on its own line, then a blank line underneath, then "Goodbye" on its own line. If I then press <Enter> once, two newlines will be typed out. If I then press Backspace once, it deletes one newline; and then if I press Backspace again, the other newline will be deleted, and my cursor will be immediately after the 'e' at the end of the word "Goodbye".

This bug only appeared with the updated TextMaker. I wish I knew how to undo the update.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Bug: Double Enter

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for sharing the feedback, but we are unable to reproduce this problem.

Please rename folder /SoftMaker/Settings and then check this problem again.
silph

Post by silph »

I don't understand your instruction: "Please rename folder /SoftMaker/Settings and then check this problem again.".
What folder am I supposed to rename to "/SoftMaker/Settings"?

On my Android tablet, I do not have access to system folders with program data. I would have to connect my tablet to my Windows laptop and change system folders through my Windows laptop. Is that what you really want me to do??
silph

Post by silph »

may i have a response, please? i don't understand what "Please rename folder /SoftMaker/Settings" means.
"
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, you will find SoftMaker folder in your internal storage in which please rename Settings folder and then check this problem again.
silph

Post by silph »

I went to Internal Storage on my Android tablet (using a USB cable connected to my laptop), and renamed the /SoftMaker/Settings folder to "SettingsRenamed".

The double enter bug still exists. I have attached a video of the bug.

Please tell me how to get rid of the bug, or please tell me how I can downgrade to TextMaker 2021.
Attachments
Screen_Recording_20231216_162009_Office TextMaker DoubleEnter Bug.mp4
(354.3 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for trying the step. Please reinstall all three apps and then check again.

Return to “TextMaker NX for Android”