Slow start TextmakerNX

grechlni

Slow start TextmakerNX

Post by grechlni »

Dear All,
I'm on latest OpenSuse Tumbleweed Gnome and a great fan of Textmaker. Unfortunately the initial start of TextmakerNX lasts for nearly 50 secs. After that starting an additional instance (second terminal -> textmakernx) starts in less than a second and Textmaker works flawless without any further problems, no freezing, lacks, ... . The standard printer is cups-pdf, disabling OpenGl or the Duden doesn't change this behavior. I even renamed the Settings folder and updated the settings manually again.

What steps do you recommend to get to the bottom of the problem?

Your help is really appreciated and I look forward to it. It is also not urgent, Textmaker otherwise does exactly what I need and that very well.

(In addition, Textmaker21 shows the same behavior.) Thank you for your effort in advance!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Slow start TextmakerNX

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. Please run the following command to run the first instance of TextMaker:

Code: Select all

TextMaker -debug
And then share tmlog.txt, which you will find in SoftMaker folder.
grechlni

Post by grechlni »

Wow, this was fast! Thank you. Well, I did as you recommended and added the result of the textmakernx -debug.
Attachments
tmlog.txt
(465.61 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

grechlni wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:49 pm Wow, this was fast!
Was that fast? Please check if starting the TextMaker normally is also fast?

Because this command slow down opening a little bit, it's recording some information.
grechlni

Post by grechlni »

No, your answer was fast, I really didn't expect that though I am very happy with it.

Yes and i tried the debug option for some different customisations of my workstation and it seems textmaker is struggeling with the fonts from a tex installation. Tried to work around by rejecting fonts with fontconfig, but textmaker doesn't seem to honour this. If there are fonts in the given paths textmaker looks it up. Is there perhaps any way to change this behaviour? Or is there an option to configure the paths textmaker uses for fonts?
grechlni

Post by grechlni »

So, anyone any suggestions? Any help is really appreciated and thanks in advance!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I have already forwarded the details to our developer team for analysis. I will update you here whenever I will get any response from our team.
grechlni

Post by grechlni »

Great, thank you so much!
grechlni

Post by grechlni »

Dear Supertech,

as the fix didn't make it into the latest Servicepack, is there any progress yet or a planning for the foreseeable future?

Br
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

SuperTech wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:37 pm I will update you here whenever I will get any response from our team.
Yes, but we can't promise any date for this.
grechlni

Post by grechlni »

Thanks! It’s hard to understand without communication, so I’m putting up with hope and trust.
RalfKerkhoff

Post by RalfKerkhoff »

Hi,
same "problem" here.
It happens only at the first start. Closing and re-starting will open Textmaker(and Planmaker/Presentations) in normal time.

It looks like that looking for the installed fonts takes more times than it happens with Softmaker 2021.

Cheers
Ralf
grechlni

Post by grechlni »

Most likely, it is a different problem if it only happens the first time. Did you try starting textmaker wit the debug option?
RalfKerkhoff

Post by RalfKerkhoff »

Yes,
I have attached the log.
There are entries containing:
[ 37518ms][ 0ms]: [ftGetFontData]: Fontname Noto Sans Telugu Condensed Medium is too long. Removed.

which make me wonder - the fonts removed are part of the font packages i purchased from Softmaker.
Attachments
tmlog.txt
(389.19 KiB) Downloaded 698 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our developer team have fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack.

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Linux”